cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect Bex report to table?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a request for a Bex report showing exchange rates. My question is how to connect a report to a table in BW (in this case I think it is table V_TCURR). We are running BW 3.5. Do you use Infoset ore remote cube? Does anyone have a simple step by step solution for this or at least give me a hint on how to begin.

You will of course be rewarded

Best Regards

Pontus

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

udayabhanupattabhiram_cha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pontus,

Well, you can use any existing InfoObjects as long as the Length >= the Field length of the table and TYPE should be the same.

In this case, becasue you are not going to use any additional drill downs, etc, nobody cares what InfoObjects you used in the second query.

In any case, if you want it to look good, then create new Objects IF needed.

Good luck

Ram Chamarthy

Message was edited by: Ram Chamarthy

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pontus:

The dates are always stores in YYYYMMDD in SAP. You cannot change that. But, you can change the Date while displaying in Queries and GUI.

TO Change it here, go to

Open Manu - System

Choose - User Profile

Own Data

Click on the Tab - Defaults

Here, you will find Date Format among others.

NOTE: These have to be set for each user. So, better ask BASIS to make these default for YYYY-MM-DD for all users unless they want it otherwise.

Try yours and run the Query and check it out your your ID.

Good luck.

Ram Chamarthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram!

Now it is working!! My problem was a characteristic that should be a keyfigure. But your answer (once again) put me on the right error tracking road.

Now i just have to find a way of converting SAP internal date format to YYYY-MM-DD. I can not find this conversion in the formula builder.

Many thanks to you Ram!

Best Regards

Pontus

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pontus,

NO, you don't need Master Data in the case of Table Remote Cube. It will use SIDs to show the table.

1) GO to Remote Cube. Right Click on it and ADD SOurce System.

2) Try LISTCUBE again and see the data.

3) Try the Query in RSRT and see the data.

4) GO to RSA3 and check for the data (I guess you already did this piece, do it again)

First, write a seperate query on the Remote Cube and check before inserting it into other queries.

IF it still doesn't show up, let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your help!! I thought the problem was solved but I still have some problems...

I have now created the Characteristics, Keyfigure, Infosource, Datasource (works ok with test extract) and the Remote Cube. But when I run a query there is no applicable data found. I now have two more questions:

1. Do I have to have master data in the characteristics when I just want to display table data?

2. Is there an easy way of finding out why my remote cube does not show any data?

Thanks for your support

/Pontus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

Thanks a lot for supporting a rookie in this matter.

Ram: When creating the infosource for matching the table, do I then need to create new characteristics and key figures for the table fields?

Best Regards

Pontus

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pontus,

I did something similar. This is what I did.

I needed a Table in the same query as Transactional Data.

This will work in Web Queries easier than Analyzer because it allows you to have multiple queries.

Create an InfoSource matching the ZTABLE.

Go to RSO2 and create a data source on ZTABLE.

Assign both in Transfer Rules.

Create a Remote Cube.

Here, you don't need an InfoSet.

Now, create a new Query on the Remote Cube.

GO the the original Web Template and add a NEW InfoProvider. Use the Query on Remote Cube to show up whereever you want.

If you need further clarification on any part or Remote Cube, let me know.

NOTE: IF you are using Analyzer, someone can help you to show up both in the same eport, didn't have to do mine in Analyzer.

Good luck,

Ram Chamarthy.

andrea_previati
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can load your table tcurr with a generic extractor as suggested and consolidate it for instance with infoset or multicube.

If you want a more complete and complex report monitoring exchange rates you can implement a virtual infoprovider scenario as described at this link

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/39baaa90-0201-0010-499e-f99...

Hope it helps

Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pontus,

1) Create an RFC enabled FM which updates the table..

2) Use this FM to create Web Interface and xml file..

3) Map the inpuits and outputs with the help of Java coding..

Regards,

Hari

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To report on a table , what you could do is :

1. Upload data from TCURR into a Transactional ODS.

2. Create an infoset on the same

3. Report on the same

1. You could use a BSP with HTMLB instead and directly report on the Table

1. Create an normal ODS on the TCURR Table and report out of it

Some of the options....

Hope this helps.

Arun

P.S Awarding points is a way of saying thank you on SDN