cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table woes :-(

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having trouble dealing with a table.

This is bound to dictionary structure type.

1.) Now I have to change one column from "text editor" to "LinkToUrl", with custom attribute to control the visibility of the URL.

When I right click the "cell editor" for this column, the "delete" option is disabled. So I cannot just delete a cell editor and add another cell editor of type "LinkToUrl".

I tried, "Create Binding" option from the context menu of the table, and was able to change the column to "LinkToUrl".

How should I control the visibility of this column, I "cannot" add a new attribute to the node, since this is a Structure dictionary type.

I am using SP18

Has anybody come across this, and fixed it.

what is the latest SP level., maybe I will install latest and try.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Instead of adding an attribute directly, add a value node (c=1:1, s=1:1) and add the attribute to that node.

The disabled "Delete" option seems to be a bug.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your solution is not addressing the problem of visibility of the URL at the row level for the table. The URL is always invisible if I do as you suggest.

Is there another solution for this ?

I figured out another way though, by just using default "visible". In this case, the text just stays read only, whenever the URL is not available. And if the URL is available, the text becomes a link.

The existing binding has a column bound to "Image" UI element.

I tried to recreate a new Node similar to the existing node. But, when I try to create table binding with this new node, the binding editor doesn't have "Image" option in the dropdown (another NWDS SP18 bug).

Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks

Srinivas

Edited by: srinivas M on Sep 11, 2009 11:02 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

The value node must be singleton=false such that you can set a different value for each row.

You don't have to use the Table Binding wizard for changing the table structure, the "Outline" view gives you complete control over it.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> The value node must be singleton=false such that you can set a different value for each row.

> Armin

The singleton property is read only. There is no dropdown when I select this property. As a result, its always true. Can I change it programmatically ?

>

> You don't have to use the Table Binding wizard for changing the table structure, the "Outline" view gives you complete control over it.

> Armin

I am not changing the table structure. The reason I wanted to redo the table binding is:

To create a separate node, with visibility attribute in it, and then bind it to the table. This way I have a visibility property on a per row basis. I would use WDCopyService to copy the original dictionary structure node to the new node.

The problem is the dictionary structure node has an attribute which was bound to "image" UI.

Now if I try to create the binding with my new node (with visibility property), I don't see "Image" in the drop down while using the "Binding Editor".

Thanks for your repy.

monalisa_biswal
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi srinivas,

Table can only be binded to one node.

If you want one additional attribut in the table, You can create it in the same node

or you can have a child node under your table node with singleton = false.

Create this attribute under the child node.

Bind table to the parent node and then visibility property to the visibility attribute under child node.

Table --- NodeA

col1 -

attr1

col2 -

attr2

-NodeB(singleton = false cardinality = 1..1)

---visibility

But as per your first thread you want textview/linktoaction UI element selectively.

For this purpose you have to use cell variant. Inside cell variant add linktoaction UI element.

Create an attribute variant under your table node or under child node. Set it to the variant name if you want to make link UI element visible.

Hope this helps!

Monalisa

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Create an attribute variant under your table node or under child node. Set it to the variant name if you want to make link UI element visible.

>

> Hope this helps!

> Monalisa

The node is a dictionary structure node, I am getting compilation errors elsewhere, when I create a sub node to this "Dictionary Structure" type node. I also cannot create a attribute directly under this node.

Thanks

Srinivas

monalisa_biswal
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Srinivas,

Is it a model node or value node?

Create a value node for your table . After structure binding is done, delete structure binding from the context menu of the value node. After that you can add attributes to the value node.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies. I created a subnode in the Table node and was able to create a visibility attribute/row.

Answers (0)