cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write back data into direct DSO and infoobject in VC 7.1 CE 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

How to write back data into Direct DSO and characteristic infoobject using VC form in CE7.1. Are they known BAPI's to read and write data back to DSO. I can read the data from DSO using BI services but I am not able to write back data. Any help with how to consume or documents that can guide me to achieve it.

Edited by: BI GUYS on Sep 9, 2009 10:56 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BI Guy,

I am new to Sap Bi, Now i am working on Direct Dso, Can you plz share some screen shots.

Thank u,

Chakri.

former_member341000
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Visual Composer can consume RFCs/BAPIs using the parameters provided in the relevant function module.

As to how to use the BAPI you mentioned, you should probably consult one of the Business Intelligence forums (you can see them [here|/community [original link is broken]😉 as this questions requires knowlegde about a specific BAPI of BI.

Once you know how to use the BAPI (what parameters to pass to it and in which format), if you have any problem consuming it in VC (for example, how to pass parameters in a specific way or how to get the result), we would be glad to help.

Best regards,

Tal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can i use this BAPI (RSDRI_ODSO_INSERT_RFC) to write back data to the DSO?

CALL FUNCTION 'RSDRI_DATA_UNWRAP'

EXPORTING

i_rfcdata_uc = i_rfcdata_uc

i_t_rfcdata250 = i_t_data[]

CHANGING

c_t_data = <l_t_odsdata>

EXCEPTIONS

OTHERS = 1. "just in case

Should the order of the data entered match the order of i_rfcdata_uc. How do i determine the order of the string (data) the import i_rfcdata_uc is expecting for a DSO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello BI Guy ,

Have you got the solution for this requirement ?

I am facing the same problem, can you please desribe how you solved this problem .

Thanks in advance!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello BI Guy ,

I am facing the same problem, can you please desribe how you solved this problem .

Thanks in advance!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello BI Guy ,

Thanks in advance!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had to create a custom function module to update the records to the direct DSO. But when you test the BAPI FM that i previously metioned in the thread you can try building a form. The only problem with this FM is that the input is one long string.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello BI Guy,

You mentioned you created a custom function module to update the records to the direct DSO.

The scenario which I have is,

I am reading data from both ECC (using RFC Function module) and BW (using a query) and then have performed some data manipulation and am displaying that data in the table within VC.

Is it possible for me to use the output port of this table and map it to a RFC function module in order to write data back into BW system.

If so, would you be willing to share the parameters you have defined for the function module. As one of the constraints I am facing right now is how to pass the all the data rows into the input of the function module.

So, please let me know.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create a structure and a table that has exactly the same fields as that of your Table in VC as Import Parameters in your BAPI RFC FM. Also create a Flag name it "Write" in your Import Parameter in your RFC BAPI. In the VC table select the lines that you want to save or save all the rows in the table and pass a "X" to the "Write" flag along with the records in your table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am still having problems with the FM and the declaration of the structure / table could someone post a little more details on this or a screen shot at my address would be greatly appreciated. I am close but something is missing. Thx in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

<no emails>

Anja (Moderator)

Edited by: Anja Engelhardt on Nov 18, 2011 4:33 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Would you mind to share the screen shot details of this direct update to dso from VC with me?

Thanks

Rainnie