cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamically determine File Name for File/FTP Receiver CC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I know that it is possible to determine file names dynamically using dynamic attributes.

However can I combine a dynamic attribute and fixed option in the communication channel?

Example:

I want to use a field of the message to be used as first part of the filename and then add a timestamp using the timestamp function in file cc.

What is the easiest way to set the dynamic attribute for a filename in message mapping? Do I have to use an UDF that set the dynamic configuration header?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182004
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

I recommend you to read this to know more about it:

´´´´ Dynamic Configuration vs Variable Substitution - The Ultimate Battle for the File Name

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2009/03/26/dynamic-configuration-vs-variable-substitution--the-ultimate-battle-for-the-file-name

regards,

Juan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

I want to use a field of the message to be used as first part of the filename and then add a timestamp using the timestamp function in file cc.

What is the easiest way to set the dynamic attribute for a filename in message mapping?

--> Use Variable substitution !!

Do I have to use an UDF that set the dynamic configuration header?

---> Not required...

Directly go for variable substitution and at receiver file adapter use time stamping.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great advice! This looks quite straight forward and not too time-consuming.

Thank you very much!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

you can build and UDF or active in sender and receiver channel.

Sender

Go to >>Parameters >>Advance>>Adapter Specific Message Atribute> Choose Set Adapter Specific Message and File Name

Receiver

Go to >>Parameters >>Advance>>Adapter Specific Message Atribute> Use Adapter Specific Message and File if Adapter Specific Message Atribute and File Name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can acheive through the udf .Use your message and concatenate with your Timestamp with in the udf to genarate file Name Dynamically by setting up the advanced adpter setting checked along with file name.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Madhu