cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Principal Propagation SOAP - XI - RFC Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am developing a synchronous scenario whereby a SOAP request posted by a non SAP system should be forwarded to an ECC system using RFC. Challenge I am facing is that I want to use the user, which was used for basic user authentification to post to XI, dynamically in the RFC call. I have been reading about Principal Propagation using assertion tickets, however only SOAP receiver adapter is spoken about. I am trying to configure this using SOAP Sender adapter.

As far as my understanding goes the sending system should be able to create these assertion tickets ?

Has anyone developed a similar interface ?

Scenario is: Non SAP SOAP Sending system = Client, Adapter engine = Server & Client, Integration Server = Server & client and Receiving ABAP system (ECC6.0) is Server.

Any help would be appreciated and awarded if helpfull.

Kind Regards, Jelmer Keuken

Ps. XI is version 7.0 SP18, Alreay read the Blogs of Alexander Bundschuh

Edited by: J. Keuken on Sep 9, 2009 4:04 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This scenario is definately possible to implement with principal propagation.

1. Enable the PP on Integration server

2. Here you need not have to do anything on SOAP sender side to create the assertion ticket..

The assertion ticket is required on SAP side which will act as Web AS ABAP Server.

refer the settings --http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/61/42897de269cf44b35f9395978cc9cb/frameset.htm

3. And then follow further steps as it mentioned the blogs...

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any help would be appreciated !