cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no connect to database, session terminated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

Since Yesterday we have the problem that suddenly some users get the error "no connect to database, session terminated" in the Sap-Gui. These users are all at the same location, connected to the ECC-Servers through a WAN-Connection.

The Systemlog just says "Delete session 002 after error 024". I didn't find any note or anything on that topic that fits to my situation.

Anybody an idea what that could be?

Is it possible that these errors are caused by a not very stable Network / WAN-connection or a complex Routing-/NAT-Solution we have to use at this location?

THX for help,

Alex

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alex,

For this kind of problem always go to the dev-traces first (dev_w* files in the application server work directory). Use ST11 to identify and view the most recently modified traces. The SM21 log is rarely helpful in situations like these.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

We too faced similar problem. Database got hanged. On restarting the database, things went well.

Please try.

Regards

Bhupesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

sorry not to point that our earlier: this poblem only occurs at one single location.

All other users at the other locations do not have this problem.

I just wanted to know if anybody can tell me if that problem can caused by a bad network-connection?

THX

Alex

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No. Its not the network problem. We had exaclty the same problem on our one application server, but i didnot remember how did we solved this problem, we have made some changes into Application server. We are on Linux, but dont remeber what was that

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just wanted to know if anybody can tell me if that problem can caused by a bad network-connection?

If there is a network between the database and the SAP instance... then yes.

That is why i asked if database and SAP run on the same box.

Regards, Michael

Edit: if it is only one location, then you should focus on the network to that location.

Former Member
0 Kudos

DB-Server ad Appl.-Server are connected to the same switch and there are now problems with this connection.

We just have problems with about 10 User sitting 250km away at another location.

They are connected through a WAN-connection and connect with their SAPGui to the Applicationservers here.

So could a network problem between SAPGui and the Applikatonservers cause that problem?!

g

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

1)

Yes. The problem is related to Network. It is not stable.

If it would have been problem with Database or Work Processes then all the users would have faced the problem.

But, here as you mention that the problem is faced by users at one particular location, so it seems to be network related problem at that site.

2)

Are the users of this particular location connect on some specific Application Server ? Then you need to check that application server. There might be some problem in connection between that particular Application Server with Database.

check the link http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmobile71/helpdata/en/08/5744774ae611d1894f0000e829fbbd/content.htm

Let us know if this information was useful to you.

with regards,

Parin Hariyani

Former Member

The issue we had was related to our Hard Drive being full, we were forced to move over a couple of the DB's to another LUN. This allowed us to be up and running within 20 minutes.

If this is on a MSFT OS then I would suggest to look at the event viewer for additional information.

I hope this helps.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This seems to be the network connectivity problem. Are these users connected via wireless network?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No - not WLan, but a quite bad WAN-Connection with NAT between. It's planned to update the switches, routers and the WAN-Connection dring the next 2 month.

So if I can be quite sure that this error is directly caused by network-problems it's ok, but I didn't find any note or similar that approves that and therfore this question.

g

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the SAP instance running on the same server as the database instance? Can you see workprocesses reconnecting (errors in dev_wX)?

Because this error seems to happen between database and workprocess.

Cheers Michael