Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in Report displaying

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all,

I have an issue regarding report displaying.

I have a report, when it is executed in Fore ground processing, it is displaying correctly.

When it is executed in background processing, 2 fields are missing and in one field 8 characters are displaying instead of 10 characters.

Thanks & Regards,

Venkata Kavuri

4 REPLIES 4

FredericGirod
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

could you provide more informations ? like that is ALV ? or WRITE report ?

How is define the line-size in the REPORT/PROGRAM command ?

Did you select a good size-line when you select the printer ? (when you ask the program in background, SAP ask you the printer and .. in the printer option, you have to define the line size, if the line size is smaller than the line-size of your report .. you could have some problem).

Rgd

Frédéric

0 Kudos

This is Write report.

Report width is 300 columns.

I am taking the output in spool.

In background processing,

Backround print parameters

In format, print settings i am able to give only x_65_80 ( atleast 65 pages with 80 columns). I think this might be causing problem.

I am thinking of using Conversion routines. Is it possible to use this here. If possible, How ?

I am not having access to my development client, since it is support project, i need to get approval from my user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

If you run a report in the background the output length is 127 only if it exceeds this length it will be truncated.

To avoid this you change it to ALV.

Cheers

Umasankar

rahulkavuri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi kanniah

I think the problem is with the line-size... so just check the field lenghts of each field and use the write statement

<b>REPORT Z_50657_SALES MESSAGE-ID ZZ LINE-SIZE 1000 LINE-COUNT 60.</b>

ALTER LINE SIZE ACCORDING TO THE REQUIREMENT