Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UDF Settings

RamBilasYadav
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can any one tell me in which table the UDF Settings are stored. I tried to find out thru profiler but couldnt get any.

The purpose is to export this table whenever a new installation is to be made. Is there any other way for this thru programming?

Thanx in advance.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

AdKerremans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rara,

the Table definitions are stored in CUFD and the valid values in UFD1.

Why do you want to export this for a new installation.

If you create a new company you can create the UDT/UDF automatically.

Regards

Ad

RamBilasYadav
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kerremans,

Thanx for ur answer. I think I didnt express my question properly. The thing is not with the definition part. Once the definition is done, when I goto Tools --> User Defined Fields --> Settings... and change any thing there, where is this changes stored. It contains details like Visible, Active, OrderNumber, Category..... Where are these settings stored??? Say for example I am setting some fields as Not-Active only Visible, I change the Order, then I create different categories and group the UDFs in these categories. Where are all these saved? I found only the table CUDC where the category definitions are stored , but could go ahead no further than this.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The settings are stored in the CPRF table, but they are saved as binary data, so you can´t identify which are the current settings.

Regards,

Ibai Peñ

AdKerremans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ibai,

I just looked in CPRF and the settings are saved there, But all data can be read and is easy to understand (at least in 2004A).

Regards

Ad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ad you are right. The binary field is the OUSR´s allowences field.

Regards,

Ibai Peñ

RamBilasYadav
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ibai & Kerremans,

Thanx for the reply. The table CPRF gives me the setting of the UDF fields which are in the matrix(ie. INV1 table UDFs)... I am not getting the UDF settings of the table OINV (ie. the header part UDFs).

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

Thats the problem I talk about. They are stored in the OUSR table, allowence field. But the field is a binary one. So you can´t access it field by field.

In 2005, you have the Form objects Settings property which gives you the hability to do the same as using the settings button when a form is displayed. But I suppose that is not enough for you. Have a look at the help file, and let us know.

Regards,

Ibai Peñ