Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC on SAP R/3 Enterprise (Basis 620)

former_member759680
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Our client wants to install Firefighter on SAP R/3 Enterprise (Basis 620).

Now, as far as I know, GRC requires Java stack.

But I saw thsi note - 995848 - Install GRC Access Control VIRSANH 4.0 on SAP 620 Non-HR

and now I am confused.

So just bu installing the Add-On "VIRSANH 400_620", would I have all the GRC components on the ABAP 4.7 system?

Please help.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

GRC Access Control VIRSANH 4.0 is an earlier Version of the Virsa (or now referred to as GRC) tool suite. It does not require Java but I'm not sure if SAP still sells it.

We are using Compliance Calibrator 4.0 in our ECC 5.0 systems and all other components (Fire Fighter, Risk Terminator) are available in that version as well.

I'm sure you'll find a few threads on the differences between the 4.0 and 5.x versions (latest is 5.3 as far as I know). The main difference is the graphics that come with the Java platform and better performance (so I've been told).

0 Kudos

Hi Gautom,

GRC Access Control 4.0 sits on ABAP stack. I think for the installation of Support packages for VIRSANH 400_620

You need not to have all components in the system.

Regards,

Mohit

0 Kudos

So, to summarize -

Just by installing the Add-On - VIRSANH 400_620, I would have all functionalities (CC, FF,Role Expert, AE) ?

Is there anything else to be done for Virsa on 4.7 Enterprise?

Please confirm.

Edited by: Gautam Poddar on Sep 9, 2009 3:27 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Gautom,

There are separate support packs available for Access Control 4.0 applications.

So i think it will not give you the functionality of other components.

for more information you can go to the following link:

https://websmp103.sap-ag.de/sp-stacks

Support Packages and Patches - Entry by Application Group" -->

SAP Solutions for Governance, Risk, and Compliance" -->

SAP GRC Access Control" VIRSA COMPLIANCE CALIBRATOR"

--FireFighter 4.0_620" Required Product Versions"

Regards,

Mohit

0 Kudos

Installing the inital add-on should install all components at once. You should check the appropriate installation guides (which are available on SAPNet and maybe also on SDN) for further information.

There are plenty of additional steps after the installation - configuring the applications, setting up roles (if you don't want to use the standard ones that get delivered with the add-on), install latest SPs, etc.

It's far too much to explain in such a forum. You'll have to look at the installation guide/notes which should be easy to find with keywords like "GRC 4.0" or "Access Enforcer 4.0".

0 Kudos

Hello Petra,

I think what you mean are configuration guides and Security guides.

Because, I checked the installation guides.

And installation guides are only available for CC 5.2 onwards.

So for Virsa 4.0 for basis 620, I am guessing the installtion is only the Add-On and the Support packs.

Then we have to do the configuration of each component, like you mentioned.