cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM checked-out record not visible in Web SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

I have a question regarding checked out records, i hope you can help me.

My client have a requirement that when a record is checked out in MDM (Workflow - record update approval process), it wouldn´t be visible in the WEB SRM. Only when the approval pocess is finished and the record is checked in (last step of workflow), it would be visible in the WEB platform to create shopping carts, etc ... .

Do you have any idea how i can make this work? The only solution i can think of is removing masks when the record enters the workflow ... and add them again after check-in. But that will probably create inconsistencies in the catalog masks.

Thank you in advance,

Best Regards,

João S. Carvalho

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jitesh Talreja,

Yes, i thought that also, but it is not working here (for 2 different machines / MDM instances) . When i update a record it enters the workflow (Check-out) but it´s still available trough WEB to create shopping carts, etc. Even worst, it is available with the updates that still require the approval process in MDM workflow.

Maybe it´s some missing configuration?

Anyone can help me with this one?

Thank you,

Best Regards,

Joao S. Carvalho

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Default behavior is - when you checkout the records, records would be visible in catalog but not with the updated data i.e. data prior to modifications would be visible.

You can try the below steps as a workaround to achive the requirement

1. Create one field say Checkout of type Text

2. Create one assignment on this field with the expression "Yes".

3. Create one more assignment on the same field which should clear the value of this field.

4. Create one Named Search with Checkout=yes as a search criteria.

5. Add the assign step in your approval workflow i.e. whenever you checkout record in workflow, this assign step will set Checkout = Yes and record will automatically be moved into the named search.

6. Create one more workflow with only one assign step and set the second assignment for this step.

7. Cascade this second workflow with the first one.

8. Once you approve the records, second workflow will get triggered which will clear the Checkout value and hence record would be visible in SRM-MDM Catalog.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

former_member544585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Ola Joao,

To make Jitesh's solution work, you need to add the namedsearch parameter in the call structure of all your logical catalogs in SRM. You already have masks defined in the call structures (a call structure per mask I assume), now you need to add the namedsearch. It would be interesting to see whether a mask and a namedsearch can work together in one call structure. According to SAP docs, masks and named searches are alternative ways of restricting the number of catalog items shown. You can try and tell us the results.

Cheers,

Serguei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Serguei,

How are you? Everything alright?

Jitesh Talreja and Serguei,

I wasn´t at the client, so i didn´t experiment this possible solution yet. It seems a pretty good workaround, hope it works!

I´ll try it this afternoon and i´ll let you know of the results.

Thank you both for your help,

Best Regards,

Joao S. Carvalho

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Joao S. Carvalho,

did you have the chance to try the scenario?

We have the same problem, but to be honest we want to try to write an OSS message because it's a very strange behaviour.

Many thanks and Regards,

Maria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Maria Favot,

I tried the scenario and it didn´t give me the expected result ... as you said ... a strange behavior.

To be honest i didn´t have the time / chance to make a deep analysis on the results, but it´s fair to say it didn´t work for me.

Please be kind to inform me of the OSS note results.

Thank you,

Joã

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you could have used standard Field "Item Status" and standard assignment "set status" . after approval step, put one assignment step to assign value to this field (which will be approved) and in console set restriction to Catalog role using Item status look up value "approved".

This will work and will solve your problem..

Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is the default behavior of SRM-MDM Catalog. Checked out records would not be visible in SRM-MDM Catalog.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja