Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Table Maintenance even when Authorization is not provided

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

we have created few custom tables. Maintenance is done using SM30 Table Maintenance. Now we have created Transaction codes which inturn use SM30 Tcode passing values for VIEWNAME and SHOW paramters. Now the end users do not have authorizations to SM30 Transaction. As a result they cannot execute the Transaction we have created for Maintenance of Tables.

We tried attaching the Transactions to a Role of each users. But it still doe not work as it ultimately calls SM30 Transaction.

Any suggestions are welcome and would be rewarded.

Murali.

5 REPLIES 5

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any Response ? Its a little urgent !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

we can use the field DICBERCLS in S_TABU_DIS and put in the Authorization Groups for authorization...

So basis team can assign users the above authorisation object and respective table rights.than it is better u contect ur bais person....

HOWEVER,BASIS team will use PFCG tcode to assign ROLES and authorisation bojects to use ids.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For maintaining tables manually, user must have authorization for SM30.

Otherwise, it is only possible from the program. If you can think of displaying the table data in a table control and whatever changes or new entries user does, updating the table using Update statement.

Regards

Ashish

0 Kudos

Thanks .. But i am not able to reward any points as the radio buttons do not show up

0 Kudos

Hi

Finally solved. We just added the Transactions in user roles and GENERATED the profile and did a user compare. Now it works fine.

I dont have any clue why i am not able to reward points.