cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After Export

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a question about master data export.For example,there are two vendor A and B in the same R/3.In fact,B is same to A.After importing them to MDM,I merged them to A,in other words,only A needs to be kept.I wonder whether there is only one master data A in the R/3 after importing the new master data to it?Is the previous Vendor B deleted?Could you tell the synchronizing mechanism in R/3 which I could not find in the configuration guide. Thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

MDM should not remove vendor B from R/3, because MDM cannot know wether if vendor B is being used in any transactional documents or other stuff.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There may well be a reason for which you have kept duplicate vendors A and B in the system. MDM has the provision of mapping two or more R/3 records to the same record in MDM. This is called ID mapping.

So, it is possible to replicate any change in MDM to both A and B in R/3. For more information, read about remote keys and id mapping in the Data manager guide available in the service marketplace: www.service.sap.com\instguides.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hI Zhijie ,

The vendor B cannot be deleted by MDM but if it is required so we can have an additional field in MDM repository called "Flagged for deletion" which can be used to flag the vendor in R/3 for deletion.

Can you write a bit more about the synchronization mechanism you were talking about ??

Regards ,

Praveen.