cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For a palletization of boxes- handling unit or only palletization required?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I receive materials in boxes and each box contains 4 eaches. Now in the inbound delivery I have to pack 10 boxes into an pallet for that i get a handling unit number assigned to it. After which i create transfer order in that my handling unit number becomes storage unit number and i putaway the material and confirm the goods receipt.

The above scenario has been explained in using HU . How about if we donot use HU and use only palletization of warehouse management WM2 view...Because the handling unit i generate is only for internal purpose not for the entire supply chain.

Which is best for the above scenario either handling unit or only palletization in WM.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just my thoughts.

If HU number is not tracked across the supply chain, and packing process is not required in the warehouse, HUM may not be necessary. However, if the goods receipt process is to incorporate inbound deliveries and quality management, and inbound deliveries are putaway by TO, HUM must be used.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member631463
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jyotiswaran,

It can be without HU managed. You need to use SU (storage unit) managed storage types.

When you do GR for inbound delivery and create a TO for stock putaway, by using the palletisation data in WM view 2 system generates the storage units. The same can be treated as the pallet number.

Regards,

Sudhir