cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading barcode data into sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

My requirement is to read the material number (MATNR) from barcode through barcode reader and put the corresponding material number in sales order screen -va01.

I am Currently using this Functional module Exits CONVERSION_EXIT_MATN1_INPUT for this purpose.This FM has a input parameter and output parameter , The material number had to flow into input parameter and when pwe pass the same into output parameter the material number will be reflected in the sales order screen.

Now the problem is while reading material number is not coming into the input parameter , Please advice the reason behind this.

And please let me know if any setting to be done to read barcode.

Thanks and Reagrds

Praveen S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

this is just to share an experience.

i have not tried your approach. what we did on our side was that the barcode was translated into an EAN using the scanning software. the EAN is then entered into the sales order field (through XI, i think) for customer-material info. the material number is then determined.

before this, we created a customer-material record info for the EAN.

i have also seen a feature in the sales order field for material number that you could search the material by EAN number. but then, i don't know how to translate these steps that allows input from a scanning system.

regards.

Answers (0)