Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOCs to PI/XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have 2 questions regarding sending IDOCs to PI/XI. So:

1. what hapens with an IDOC if connection to PI/XI exists and I send an IDOC using WE19 Test tool. I had situation that IDOC is transported to PI system, but where can I find this IDOC, in case I have nothing configured in PI/XI?

2. In case I have configure 2 or more scenarios for the same Message Type(IDOC) on PI/XI, which scenario will pick up this IDOC, one, all...what is expected situation in this case. I'm asking because I plan to demonstrate some scenario to my colleagues interactively, which means they will also do exactly the same as I do. In case I send an IDOC from R/3 system, which scenario will do the mapping and so on.....

thx

Mario

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

1. if the connection works, the idoc inbound adapter will convert to XML and you find your msg at SXMB_MONI with "no receiver case asynchron". Otherwise (no connection) it stucks in sender system SM58.

2. Receiver Detemination and Interfaces Determination are unique, you cant save 2 Rec Det with same sender signature. Interface Determination point to the mapping to be executed.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx Udo,

this was very helpfull, only I didn't saw my IDOC on PI either in SM58, either in SXMB_MONI either in IDX5. That is weird?

I'll try to investigate a little bit more.

thx

mario

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are sure that Idoc was out of SAP system, then it should be found in the transactions mentioned above.

Otherwise it should be stuck in R3 side in sm58.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

well NO, as I said, I'll try to investigate a little bit more.

thx anyway

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

if you do not find your idoc:

first look to SM58 in the SAP system. IDoc will stuck there e.g. if the PI IDoc adapter cant pick up meta data, so as well if connection between PI and SAP does not work.

second: SMQ2 in PI system: PI*s inbound queue. All asynchronous messages will first stored in Inbound queue. If the queue isnt blocked and if resources available the message will be processed at Integration Engine

third: Integration Engine: SXMB_MONI: Will show you the same messasge as IDX5 (plus non-IDoc messages).

Regards,

Udo

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. I agree to what Udo has mentioned about this point.

2. I hope you understand that for a set of sender service (SAP system in your case) and sender interface (Idoc), you can create only one receiver determination state. Then for this receiver determination, you may configure any number of receivers. The mapping then woud be dependent on the receiver and its corresponding interface determination used.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. what hapens with an IDOC if connection to PI/XI exists and I send an IDOC using WE19 Test tool. I had situation that IDOC is transported to PI system, but where can I find this IDOC, in case I have nothing configured in PI/XI?

Idoc will stuck in SAP itself which can be check in SM58 Tcode (tRFC queue of sender system )

2. In case I have configure 2 or more scenarios for the same Message Type(IDOC) on PI/XI, which scenario will pick up this IDOC, one, all...what is expected situation in this case. I'm asking because I plan to demonstrate some scenario to my colleagues interactively, which means they will also do exactly the same as I do. In case I send an IDOC from R/3 system, which scenario will do the mapping and so on.....

In case if sender is same for both receivers (including idoc type) as you said and receivers are different ,need to set conditions at receiver determination level

otherwise both will receive idocs (i.e both receivers...)

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. You should be able to see the IDOC in IDX5 transaction. You should also be able to see the IDOC in SXMB moni but with error flag.

2. If the IDOC then its outbound interface will be same. In that case you will be able to create only one receiver/interface determination steps while configuring the senario. hence it will be processed accordingly. I.e if you have given multiple receivers then it will send to multiple receivers in that case you will have multiple interface determination steps. One for each receiver.

Regards,

Shweta.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have not configured anything in XI , the IDOC will come into XI and fail in Receiver Determination step. You can go to SXMB_MONI and select your message and check the IDOC which has come in.

Also you can check in IDX5 whether the IDOC has come in.

It would depend on your receiver determination. In your receiver determination you would specify a receiver which would be having a corresponding interface determination and a mapping. You can provide conditions in your reciever determination based on your input IDOC parameters and route the IDOC to desired receiver. You can also use the concept of VIRTUAL RECEIVER where you would make sure that you are sending the IDOC to an appropriate receiver and interface mapping.

Regards,

Sarvesh Desai