cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heuristic to split volumes between production and procurement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts!

Please suggest in following case. Let's say we have monthly requirements of HALB product and we need to split somehow that volume between production and procurement. The task is to load available production capacities (heuristic SAP_REM_001 used for that) and rest quantity should be purchased from 3rd party. Please advise which heuristic can be used to create procurement proposals and what additional master data (quota rrangement, transportation lane etc.) should be maintained. APO version 5.1 and PDS used.

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards, Victor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitin_thatte
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

According to me only one t-lane (preferably by CIFing Pur InfoRecord or Scheduling Aggrement) and a quota arrangement needs to be maintained. Also you have to maintain procurement type X

However I am not sure if REM heuristic honours quota arrangement.

Otherwise You should try running some normal PP heuristic after REM Heuristic (with specific setting 'Reuse suitable receipts'). It should leave planned orders created by REM heuristic untouched and create new purchase requisitions.

I am only suggesting this. Not sure if it works.

Nitin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor

Please proceed as follows:-

1) Maintain the location, 3rd party (as subcontractor), HALB product in both the locations

2) Maintain transportation lanes between these locations

3) Maintain bom, routing, production versions both at location & subcontractor for HALB

product and create PDS at both places

4) Maintain resources at both the places

5) CIF all the objects to APO

6) With the available demand at the location product (not at 3rd party), run snp

heuritic followed by capacity levelling

7) It will level the demand for the location product and the excess unfulfilled

demand will be captured.

😎 The unfulfilled demand can be serviced through 3rd party

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.