cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combine fields in Import manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I want to import two related fields to one field in the destinatation. This is linked to a look up table with a combined key.

Now I can combine the two input fields and map it to the destination field (two display fileds).

However the field mapping can not be done by automap, only manual mapping.

Does anyone know how to get an automap?

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I want to import two related fields to one field in the destinatation. This is linked to a look up table with a combined key.

Now I can combine the two input fields and map it to the destination field (two display fileds).

However the field mapping can not be done by automap, only manual mapping.

In the lookup table suppose we have field1 and field2 as the display fields then for the table define field1+field2 as the unique key in console. Next for the lookup table also enable remote key in console.

Now while importing clone the field1 and field2 and partition field1 using field2 with a delimiter as ;

Next map the combined field as you have already done and also map the partitioned field to the remote key(field1+field2)

Automap will work now..

best regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Correct, it maps the fields however it is not possible to automap the values.

The destination field is a look up field in a qualified look up table. Three fields in this qualified look up are linked to the same look up table. In case of one field to a look up it is possible but not three.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have 3 destination fields in the qualified table linking to the same source field and all are of type Lookup then for all the 3 lookup table enable key mapping and create the same combination of display fields 3 times and then map too their respective remote keys.

BTW why do you have 3 different qualifiers referring to the same lookup table?

regards

Ravi

Answers (0)