Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup and restore

matthias_prller
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

we have deleted a folder with many querys in the MII (12.0) by mistake. Is it somehow possible to restore these files and folders?

Our admin says he has only the possibility to restore the complete database, but this will overwrite other changes.

We had made an export of the project just a few days before so we have luckily most of the querys.

I have although a more general question concerning the same problem: Is it somehow possible to export the projects with a job? In this case it will be possible to go back to an older version of a query (or transaction or something)... I tried to analyze what happens if I export a project in MII. But I was stopped very early when I saw it is just a javascript link. For the job I need something like an export link.

Thanks for your help.

Regards.

Matthias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matthias,

as a workaround, concerning repository sources from the Catalog (queries, trans, displays), you may use a BLT where you read all folders (using the service FileSystemBrowser), and all files using the Get File List action. Then read all files and for example FTP them to a backup server. I also use this to create a cross reference list of the sources.

Then you can schedule the BLT as a daily job. However, I do not know how the sources in the Web tag can be read.

Michael

matthias_prller
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

thank you for your answer. It helped me a lot.

The Web "files" are stored as files on the server so backup and restore is quite easy with the normal server-backup routine.

just one additional thing: How can I find out if there is a subdirectory? In the "get file list" I only see files but not a single folder.

Thank you.

Regards.

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matthias,

to get a folder list, use a XML query with

http://<server>:<port>/XMII/Illuminator?Service=FileSystemBrowser&Mode=DirectoryList&Folder=<YourFolder>&Content-Type=text/xml

You can then use a repeater to run through the folder list, starting with folder <YourFolder> and pick up the files. MII will give you all folders and subfolders.

Please note that if you enter a folder name in the XML query that does not contain any subfolders, the XML query results are empty. You should process the starting folder anyway in order to also get the files from there.

Michael

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

matthias_prller
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

thanks for your help.

This works fine for me.

Regards.

Matthias