cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intercompany Billing not Intercompany STO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have scenario for Intercompany Billing.

Receiving company code:1000(US)

Supplying Company code:2000(UK)

Receiving Plant:R100

Supplying Plant:S200

Receving Sales Area:1000/10/00

Suplying Sales Area:2000/20/00

I have created end customer 720010 w.r.t companycode 1000 and sales area 1000/10/00

Intercompany customer 150010 w.r.t companycode 2000 and sales area 2000/20/00

In customizing:

Define order types for intercomapny billing:: assigned IV for order type ZOR

Assign Organizational Units by Plant:: in supplying plant S200 assigned receiving sales area 1000/10/00

Define Internal Customer number by sales org::Assigned customer 150010 in receiving sales org 1000.

Pricing:

I maintained PI01 in Pricing Procedure ZRVA01

I maintained IV01 in Pricing Procedure ICAA01

Maintained Condition record for PI01 with receiving Sales org 1000 and supplying plant S200

While creating a sales order with customer 720010, changed the plant as S200(Supplying plant)

and Created delivery..

In Billing(F2) i am getting error foreign trade missing date..

I am not able to understand why it is asking as the billing is for end customer who is in US from US company code

And important thing is that i am not able to create intercompany billing(IV)

Pls guide me where i went wrong..

I have searched the forum..but unable to solve..

with regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Azeez

your assignment is little confusing let me try to explin you in my own terms

Say org structure like this

C.C 1000, Plant 1000, sales org 1000 , DC 10 and div 00 sales area 1000,10,00

C.C 2000, Plant 2000, sales org 2000 , DC 20 and div 00 sales area 2000,20,00

Now a customer X belongs to sales area 1000,10,00 or the order is registered from this sales area 1000,10,00

For this order and for this customer x if you supply materials from Plant 2000 directly then it is intercompany billing

Config reqd Define order types for intercomapny billing:: assigned IV for order type ZOR this is ok

Assign Organizational Units by Plant:: plant 2000 to be assigned distribution chain 1000,10

Note in enterprise structure aassignment under SD also this assignment needs to be done

Define Internal Customer number by sales org:: here the receiving sales org that is 1000 should be made as a customer in the supplying sales area 2000,20,00 in t code XD01and this internal customer number is to be mentioned in sales org 1000

Note another important thing This internal customer number is to be maintained in sales org 1000 also in enterprise structure definition under SD in the details of sales org 1000 ( mostly i feel this is missing from your side )

And important thing is that i am not able to create intercompany billing(IV)

after creating F2 invoice for the end customer then in VF01 you have to input the delivery once again and choose intercompany billing type and execute

If intercompany billing is not created what is the error message you are getting

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramanathan Raja,

Assign Organizational Units by Plant:: plant 2000 to be assigned distribution chain 1000,10

I have assigned plant 2000 to distribution chain 1000,10 in enterprise structure..

I have assigned plant 2000 to sales area 2000/20/00 in Assign Organizational Units Plant..

If i didnt assign this i am unable to create intercompany billing IV, now i am able to create IV

Define Internal Customer number by sales org

I have assigned internal customer number in receiving sales area 1000.( i created internal customer exactly as what u said).

Note: Once i assigned here it is automatically seen in Sales Org 1000 in Enterprise Structure definition under SD.

Now my only problem is when i am creating invoice F2,it is giving error for Foreign Trade Data.

Actually it should not give this error as the invoice is for US customer..

pls guide me..

If intercompany billing is not created what is the error message you are getting

I am unable to view the delivery number in VF04, to create IV.

with regards

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Azeez

I have assigned plant 2000 to sales area 2000/20/00 in Assign Organizational Units Plant.

This is wrong

you need to assign the delivering plant 2000 to the sales area 1000,10,00 as per this example in img-sd-billing-intercompany billing-assign organizational units by plant

Change this and go for one more full cycle and post the feed back

If you are not able to create the intercompany invoice in VF04 then go to VF01 and once again put the delivery number and choose intercompany ( no need to choose also ) and execute

System has to create a intercompany invoice or a error log it cant be blank some error it will give

In VF04 have you selected both intercompany and delivery related tick boxes

Change the img setting as suggested and do one complete cycle and post the feed back

Have you changed the delivering plant in sales order manually to the plant of other company code then only system senses it is intercompany sales

i just made a complete cycle in my test system as per my suggested settings and it works fine

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramanathan Raja,

I tried as per u r reply.

i.e i assigned plant 2000 to sales area 1000/10/00.

but not able to create intercompany invoice IV.

It is giving the message

No billing documents were generated. See log

Message no. VF032

If i click on Edit->Log

it is displaying...

0080001028 000000 Sales organization is not defined

pls guide me..

with regards

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Azeez

I expected this error message

This means that the internal customer number which you have created in XD01 is missing in the details of the ordering sales org in that is in t code OVX5 our case it is 1000

inimg-Enterprise structure-definition-sales organization

Here for the ordering sales org the sales org from where the order is registered that is 1000 assign the internal customer number

I Saw in your post that if you maintain that entry in the under imgsdbilling---intercompany billing then the same is updated in enterprise structure also

but according to my knowledge and experience it will not get updated automatically

Even if that entry is there for you erase the same put the number once again and save it

The system picks the data for intercompany billing from here only For you i feel with the automatic updation the necessary table in the background is not updated

So once again give your internal customer number and save it

inimg-Enterprise structure-definition-sales organization internal customer number is to be maintained in the sales org 1000 this is the place to be corrected to eliminate your error which i can very strongly say

that is in t code OVX5

After making the changes pls log off for 1 min then relog and create a new cycle

Regards

Raja

Edited by: ramanathan raja on Sep 10, 2009 10:50 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramanathan Raja,

I have done as per u r instructions..but still the same error... Sales org is not defined..

I have created Internal Customer 150010 in XD01 by specifying comp code 2000,sales org 2000,Dist Channel 20 and Div 00.

and assigned to 1000 sales org.

I hope i am correct..

Kindly help me..

Can u send me the screen shots..

with regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramanathan Raja,

I think what you were suggesting is not correct.

I have gone through the OSS note 308989..

Pls check in that note

II.2 CUSTOMIZING FOR THE SAMPLE PROCESS:

Here the delivery plant is assigned to delivery sales area..

In our case 2000->2000/20/00

Correct me if i am wrong...

with regards

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

According to me maintain the settings as suggested earlier

This internal customer ( that is ordering sales org ) should exists in both company codes you have created it for 2000,20 and 00 extend the same customer to 1000,10 and 00

this will resolve your issue and after extending this internal customer in both the company codes retry with a new cycle

The other settings what i mentioned is 100 % correct and i have this settings in place in my demo system ( a copy of my assignment in project ) and yesterday i could run this cycle without any problem

I rechecked my assignments and then only suggested you

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramanathan Raja,

I extended the internal customer to 1000/10/00

can u just tell me why we have to extend the internal customer????

now its working..but

1) In intercompany billing IV, the system is taking the ZRVA01 Pricing Procedure?? and in the billing IV ,sales area is 1000/10/00.

2) I am getting Foreign Trade Data error... for F2 invoice...

Pls rectify this..

with this i will complete the process..

I will be very thankful to you..

with regards

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

can u just tell me why we have to extend the internal customer????

infact i dont know the logic behind this activity But this needs to be done

1) In intercompany billing IV, the system is taking the ZRVA01 Pricing Procedure?? and in the billing IV ,sales area is 1000/10/00.

The intercompany pricing procedure to be picked is ICAA01 ( if you are using standard )

This is picked by the system thro the DPP of billing type mentioned in VOFA in the billing type details I will be standard key, CPP of your internal customer and the sales area of the supplying plant in our case it is 2000,20,00

Maintain in OVKK for 2000,20,00 DPP say I and CPP of your inernal custoemr say 1 maintain pricing procedure as ICAA01 and check whether the system picks that during intercompany billing creation IV and for normal bill that is F2 system will pick RVAA01

2) I am getting Foreign Trade Data error... for F2 invoice...I dont have much idea about this but in copy controls between LF to F2 in the redermine export data maintain blank and try

Your issue has totally refreshed my knowledge on intercompany

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In OVKK I already maintained ,

Sales Area: 2000/20/00/

DPP : I for Billing IV

CPP : 7 for Internal Customer

Pricing Procedure: ICAA01

In inter company billing IV, in Header Data->Header Tab->General Info... Sales area is 1000/10/00..

for this reason i think it is picking ZRVA01..

If the sales area is 2000/20/00.. then i think it will pick ICAA01..

As we assigned for plant 2000->sales area 1000/10/00 in Assign Organizational Units by Plant in customizing(suggested by yourself)

pls guide me..

regards

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In OVKK maintain

Sales Area: 1000/10/00/

DPP : I for Billing IV

CPP : 7 for Internal Customer

Pricing Procedure: ICAA01 and try and check whether the system picks the ICAA01 for intercomopany rather than chnging the other assignment

Hi Azeez

I was going through some more materials on intercompany sales process and it tells the suggestion given by me in the area assign organizational units by plant as wrong (which was pointed out by you too )

So make the changes and try

As i am engaged with other issues also i am not able to apply my mind fully on the configuration and logic behind each and every img activity configuration and once again make a model congi fully and guide you fully

This was done long time back by me

pls update me on this issue and it refreshes me too and hope i have given some valuable input on Intercompany Billing

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly guide me..

Thanks

Azeez.Mohd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramanathan Raja,

Now i was in a confusion that whether you were right or myself..

So pls guide me ...

Thanks

Azeez.Mohd

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Say org structure like this

C.C 1000, Plant 1000, sales org 1000 , DC 10 and div 00 sales area 1000,10,00

C.C 2000, Plant 2000, sales org 2000 , DC 20 and div 00 sales area 2000,20,00

Now a customer X belongs to sales area 1000,10,00 or the order is registered from this sales area 1000,10,00

For this order and for this customer x if you supply materials from Plant 2000 directly then it is intercompany billing

For this example the img activity under sdbilling-intercompany billing--assign organizational units by plant should be Plant 2000- SO 2000-DC-20-Div 00 ( this is your first setting too )

My suggestion was wrong Now i am correcting myself

Now The Sales org 1000 is a customer internal customer in sales area 2000,20,00 for this Customers CPP and sales area 2000,20,00 and DPP of intercompany billing type in VOFA for this combination say 2000,20,00 DPP as I and CPP as 1 you should maintain pricing as ICAA01 in OVKK

The other suggestions given are correct

Reagrds

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply..

Anyway we both understood the concept very clearly..

Solution is in the img activity under sdbilling-intercompany billing--assign organizational units by plant should be Plant 2000- SO 2000-DC-20-Div 00

In my scenario every thing is working fine.. except the Foreign trade data missing error in F2 Invoice..

I have checked in copy control (VTFL) from LF to F2, Determ.export data is blank..

For this error i didnt find the solution...

Anway i am Closing the thread..

Points given

Thanks

Azeez.Mohd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check any incompletion procedure are maintained in foreign trade data for the country DE

IMG>Sales and Distribution>Foreign Trade/Customs>Control Foreign Trade Data in MM and SD Documents>

Incompleteness Schemas for Foreign Trade Data

Foreign Trade Data in MM and SD Documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ramanathan raju,

the problem is. if you extend internal customer to both the company codes then when u do delivery and check in LIKP it is taking sales area of ordering plant as sales of delivery plant. Hence the issue with pricing procedure.

Can u throw some light on this?

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Azeez,

Did you get the solution for this. Even I am facing the same problem.

Thanks and regards,

Surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Assign Organizational Units by Plant:: in supplying plant S200 assigned receiving sales area 1000/10/00

Change the sales area to the suplling sales area and try for IV billing

i am not able to understand why it is asking as the billing is for end customer who is in US from US company code

Goto VTFL and make the Determ.export data as Blank.

Check this links

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi balarengan,

1)Assign Organizational Units by Plant:: I changed the sales area to the supplying sales area and i am able to create IV.

As per u reply, supplying plant-->supplying sales area..

do i need to assign receiving plant-->receiving sales area ?????

2) In VTFL Determ.export data is Blank.

whether i have to check the VTFL for LF and F2 ????

When i am billing end customer in US, i am creating invoice w.r.t delivery..

I think its giving the error of foreign trade data because delivery is from Germany plant???

pls guide me..

Thanks

Azeez.Mohd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please see this lin....

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/dd/5614e7545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/content.htm

In SAP sales & distribution module, an intercompany sales occurs when the selling organization belongs to a different company code than the delivering plant. The transaction path for accessing intercompany sales billing is:

IMG >> Sales and distribution >> Billing >> Intercompany billing

Let us take an example to understand intercompany sales better. Suppose there are two company codes namely 1000 and 2000. A customer may place an order for goods in sales organization belonging to company code 3000. However, the goods may be manufactured by a delivering plant belonging the company code 1000. A sales order is created indicating delivering plant of company code 1000. The sales organization then invoices the customer for the materials purchased. SAP R/3 automatically creates an intercompany billing document at the same time as the customeru2019s billing document is created. This intercompany invoice is sent from the delivering plant to the selling sales organization.

As a rule of thumb, when dealing with different company codes, one may find a need to transfer stock between two different company codes. However, if the stock be transferred within the same company code, there is no need for an intercompany transaction. But in case the stock is transferred between different company codes, a transfer of value occurs and is an intercompany sale.

Regards,

venkataswamy.y