cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdynpro people picker component?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm developing a WD app, I need to use user picker component and heard that it's a standard component which I can use it like a date picker, can someone guide me how I can do this?

I'm looking for something like search user in UWL manage substitution.

Thanks

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as I know, there is no such standard component that you can use in WD.

I think that the component you are talking about is Portal component.

You can develop such component on your own.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can I get some direction on how I can do it?

Thanks

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use portal services to get list of users from the portal.

You can use ldap-api (if the portal is not connected to the ldap) to get list of users from the company ldap.

You can use a bapi to get user list from ECC (or an ABAP developer can help you with that).

What kind of list do you need and for what purpose?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whenever possible you should develop against the UME API, you wont have to implementation details like ldap/abap/...

This article helped me a while ago:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/905cb568-ce15-2a10-0199-af0099da3...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I guess you are talking about something like OVS/ EVS in WDJ (similar to F4 help in ABAP).

For understanding purpose follow the link:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/nw-wdjava;jsessionid=(J2EE3417400)ID0879633950DB00372947124693757449E...

and navigate to "Advanced Value Help: Object Value Selector" section. For fetch logic on getting the users take help of ABAPer to write an RFC.

Thanks,

Sonali.

Edited by: Sonali M S on Sep 9, 2009 2:56 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. Doesn't look like it's an easy task to do it. I don't have UME jar so I had to somehow get Basis team to get be a copy of the UME jar to access the API's. As Sonali said I'm looking for something like OVS, to be precise something exactly like the user search available in the UWL manage substituion screen.

Do I need ABAP help to implement this? Or if I use the UME api's would that be easier without backend help? Currently our UME is ABAP datasource but would eventually be moved to LDAP. If I use UME then I don't have to worry about underlying datasource as Jan Galinski user posted on this thread.

Thanks

Praveen

Edited by: Praveen11 on Sep 10, 2009 9:58 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess if you are talking about the security api jar file(com.sap.security.api) to implement teh WDJ code to use the UME APIs, this is available in the eclipse -> plugins (path: C:\Program Files\SAP\IDE\IDE70\eclipse\plugins\com.sap.security_2.0.0\lib ).

Check if this is the jar you are talking about ...

In this case, you would not need ABAP help, since u are using java api for UME data fetching.

I feel OVS suits your need.

Thanks,

Sonali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sonali. The API you have referred me is the one I'm looking for. I'll try to sort out the issue, otherwise shall post back another thread.

Praveen

Answers (0)