cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to call a validation exit from OPSI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

From OPSI I have created a new validation, in validation control I want to call exit* for my validation.

How do I do that, what is the syntax to do that?

The exit* is call U404 and I want get catch the result from this function which is TRUE or FALSE.

If I only write U404 it works but I cannot control if itu2019s TRUE or FALSE.

Please if you have done this before do not hesitate to contact me,

Thank you!

Best regards

Jose Marin

*ABAP subroutines form

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

If you have managed to write the code then check the resulting parameters to be true or false, and then act accordingly in the validation.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ex. if you want to stop the entering something in some column and written program in your User Exit for stop that and what ever message you have defined for that it will trigger automatically based on your program condition whether it will True or False. So for you there is no need to check any thing in validation simple assign message number and check whether it is triggering or not with correct or wrong data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In OPSI you need to customize the Validation Steps. First you give your prerequisites, then check and finally you define the message. I don't think you can control if itu2019s TRUE or FALSE...

Kind regards, Aleksandra

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure...Just check this, may be helpful to you...http://fuller.mit.edu/SAPDocs/configuration/validation_rules_user_exit.htm