Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Storing Archive file using SARA

Hello,

I am trying to archive an archiving object in SARA. I have already created the variant in the WRITE action. How do I make sure that the archive file is stored in a directory in the file system?

When I go to Archive object specific customizing -> Technical settings -> Content Server, I don't know which content server to use. I tried using a few of them from the list, but they dnt connect to the the system I want.

So how do I store the archive file generated to the location in a particular server?

Thanks,

Ajay

replied

>

> Hi,

>

> Thanks for your replies.

>

> I don't have a content server setup. If I write archive files without storing them and then deleting from database, what should I do to read the content of the archive file in the future?

and well you don't. a SAP content server is not designed as a document archiving system . SAP says explicitely so in the documentation on content server/KPRO.

>Constraints

>

>The SAP Content Server is not intended to replace optical storage systems and other storage media for long-term document >archiving.

for an external archiving system like 3rd party products, e. g. IXOS, EASY, SAPERION you use the 'normal' ArchiveLink Interface and no http (usually). to do so you would follow Juan's advice and setup a content repository (the naming here is irritating ...) etc. starting with OAC0. the name of the content repository created here you would use in your technical customizing in SARA where you also define whether the data will be deleted before or after storing to the archive server, whether to delete automatically etc.

the document archiving system is usually not designed for retrieval of archived data - it is just used as a storage.

but if you want to store your data in your filesystem and if you do not have a document archiving system, you need not do any of that customizing. just specify where the flatfiles should be stored in transaction FILE and add that information to your technical customizing in SARA.

retrieval from flatfiles stored in the filesystem can be pretty inperformant (in case of mass-data, big files, badly specified selections etc.), so you might consider setting up one/more archiving infostructures in transaction SAR*.

i think that was enough information to enable you to go searching for the documentation you need, instead of using trial and error ...

Edited by: Mylene Euridice Dorias on Sep 10, 2009 12:02 PM

put in the quote from the documentation

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question