cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMOBBPMARA Table missing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus

We have recently upgraded our SRM from 3.0 to 5.0 and have encountered an error.

We have a few custom programs that reference the table SMOBBPMARA. I realised that in 5.0, the table is no longer there.

Is there a similar table in 5.0 that I can use?

Many Thanks.

Nicholas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

I don't know the use of this table, but have you tried SMOMARA ?

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe

SMOBBPMARA has the description: Basic Data BBP Material

SMOMARA has the description: General Material Data

SMOMARA is available in 5.0. Problem is there are some custom programs that select from SMOBBPMARA and perform logic based on that.

I just googled BBP and it means "Business-to-Business Procurement". Any ideas?

Thanks.

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nicholas,

BBP=EBP=SRM server

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicholas,

I understood your need: one of your custom program is using a standard table that does not exist anymore after the upgrade.

In SRM, we use the middleware (developped by CRM guys) to replicate R/3 materials into SRM.

This middleware can be customized to decide what to replicate.

You replicate two types of objects: Customizing, Business Objects. For Business Objects, we have mainly 2 objects: MATERIAL & SERVICES.

In older releases (EBP 1.0, EBP 2.0), the object BBP_MATERIAL was added to MATERIAL, to handle I don't know which BBP specific logic.

SMOBBPMARA was used on those older SRM releases to filter the replication of this object BBP_MATERIAL.

As BBP_MATERIAL does not exist anymore, you should look at the standard MATERIAL, and maybe the table SMOMARA is the equivalent to SMOBBPMARA & BBP_MATERIAL.

But maybe there is no equivalence anymore, because SMOBBPMARA was used to store the BBP_MATERIAL filters, and was populated during replication.

SMO* tables are part of CRM middleware.

Ex: SMOMARA is the Consolidated DataBase table to store materials from R/3 MARA table.

Maybe you will have to use COMM_PRODUCT table in SRM...

Rgds

Christophe

PS: please reward points for helpfull answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe

Thanks for the in-depth explanation.

I guess I will try to use SMOMARA first of all as if as you say SMOBBPMARA was used to hold BBP filters, I see no reason for the last developer to reference that table.

However, for consistencies sake, I will probably switch it to SMOMARA.

Thanks again.

Answers (0)