cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transporting objects from sandbox to dev

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did some intrfaces in sandbox due to unavailibility of dev server. Now its available and I wanna transfer my objects fom Sandbox to Dev. How can this be done???

By converting it to TPZ format or some other way???

Any sort of help is appreciated....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soumen,

Using TPZ files will be easier for transporting XI design and config objects.....U can transport ur design objects from sandbox to Dev without problem.....but to transport config objects u hav to transport BS and TS from ur source SLD to target SLD first....thn u can export the TPZ files from source ID.....however u dnt require it if BS and TS of same name in both sandbox and Dev....to transport BS and TS follow these steps.....

1) select all the technical systems you need to transfer in ur source SLD.

Then, choose Export.

Note : Associations for business systems with no technical system in the target SLD will be lost. This will

result in error messages. Ensure that all technical systems are selected.

2) Choose Download file and Save the Zip archive.

3) Choose Administration on the traget SLD home page.

Then, Choose Import.

4) Browse to the exported file and choose Import File.

Follow same for BS also.....

U can chk dis also....

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/93/a3a74046033913e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Regds,

Pinangshuk.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you export via tpz files then make sure the necessary products,SWCV,technical ystems and business systems are transported/available in the SLD of dev...

if above things already exist in dev then you can directly import the tpz files into dev..

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the above settings are in place.Go to Tools in IR->Export Design Objects>Select ur SCV>Here u can have a selection between All Obj in SCV,All obj of individual namespace and Indidual Objects>Hit Finish

It should give u the export path.Go to the path select ur tpz file and move it to the import folder of dev.

Then go to IR>Tools>Importdesign objects-->here u should see ur tpz file.

Thanks,

Sudhansu

PS: Award points for helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah sudhanshu...i already did that...

Now my dev system is yet to be totally working ... So what I did is this...

I exported my message mapping as a TPZ file and deleted it from IR(kept a diff copy though )

Thereafter tried importing it back in IR of sandbox itself...it said "IMPORT SUCCESSFUL" but couldn't see it anywhere...what went wrong??

Former Member
0 Kudos

U will have separate import and export folders.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Couldn't get you...where can i see the folders???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Export Path: /sapmnt/XD1/global/xi/repository_server/export

Import Path: /sapmnt/XD1/global/xi/repository_server/import

are the export and import paths.Please ask ur basis team to move the tpz files they will be able to do it.

Thanks,

Sudhansu

Former Member
0 Kudos

soumen,

Couldn't get you...where can i see the folders???

basis person will help u...for this u need Os level access . these are default folders for import and export objects !!

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Santosh & Sudhanshu...appreciate your inputs but the way you said is applicable if we export the TPZ to server.

Here :

While exporting we are given a option(as a check-box) which enables us to export our object(as .tpz) to client(local system)...hence i can see the TPZ file on my system...now while importing also i select the option for CLIENT and select the same file and get a message of IMPORT SUCCESSFUL but can't find anything...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soumen,

--->By converting it to TPZ format or some other way???

Yeah, TPZ will be the right approach !! as there will be more manual control as it is required also becos your Basis team will definitely not be in favor of making any physical connection with sandbox.

so better export and import TPZ files and create other objects like RFC destinations...etc manually .

Regards,

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey,

Yes, Transport from Sandbox to Dev, Check in SLD of Dev system - whether Sandbox Technical system are pointed , As a TPZ file you can export to Dev system

Cheers

Agasthuri