cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set the portal runtime locale formatting?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, All

How to set the portal runtime locale formatting? such as the format of number and the date.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Jiande Ding

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Just follow the path -

VC - Tools ->Options ->Compiler ->Check the option 'Enable Flex Controls in Portal Themes'

After doing this you can do the sttings in portal theme & you will get same thing in VC.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Sandeep

I cannot find then portal theme after setting the option 'Enable Flex Controls in Portal Themes' in VC. How can I set the portal theme?

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Jiande Ding

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can not set portal theme in VC. For that you have to set the theme in Portal (Contact your portal administrator)

Login to Portal Administration -> System Administration ->Portal Display ->Theme Editor ->Select the Theme & Edit.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Sandeep

Yes. I did it as the followong:

Login to Portal Administration -> System Administration ->Portal Display ->Theme Editor

but it's empty in the theme editor. why?

Thanks.

Best regards,

Jiande Ding

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hmmm...

Sandeep answered A for a question that is B....

Here's your answer:

- The portal has all locales known to men defined in it

- You can define the locale for each user/group/role etc.. from:

a) the User Administration console

b) the personalize link (which appears for any user that is defined with "eu_role" role)

in both cases it's under the "Language" attribute

- a VC iView, during it's initialization gets the locale of the user according to what's defined in (this is the real order) Portal / Browser / OS, and according to that it formats the fields and expects the user to enter data according to it's locale

for instance, for a German locale, where the notation is a dot for thosand seperation and a comma for decimal seperation.

the formatting for 10000.23 (in EN locale) will be 10.000,23 and the user should enter 10000,23

0 Kudos

Dear Amir,

In both User Administration and Personalization the only thing that I see under "Language" is "Activate Accesibility Feature".

We have NW 7.01 (EHP1).

Do I need to make additional settings?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amir Mimran: When you write that the locale is defined in the following order: "Portal / Browser / OS", where in the portal do you set the language?