cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

db02 shown autoextend unlimited

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

While import client in QAS server, it has given an error NO SPACE in PSAP <SID > table.So i added 20GB datafile with auto extend.Now its showing 'unlimited' in autoextend

Tablespace Size (kb) Free (kb) Used (%) Tab/ind Extents AutoExt (kb)

PSAPP3Q 114,155,520 2,979,456 97 76,339 141,821 Unlimited

When i import the request again system hangs.........

Regards,

Sam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

With Oracle Version 8 you can set datafiles to "autoextensible". These datafiles then increase automatically. This field indicates whether the Autoextend function is being used. It can have the values: "AutoExtend off", "Unlimited" (there is no limit to the growth of at least one datafile) or a size in KB. This size is the maximum to which a datafile, a tablespace, or the entire database can increase.

Please let us know yor oracle & SAP version & what action u are performing ...is it client copy ?

Thanks..

Mohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mohit..

Yes QAS client refresh by PRD using client export import...

OS HP-UX 11.B

SAP R/3 4.7

ORACLE 9.2.0

1 more query...

I have started the importing of request.But its not updating import monior or tp system log. It over 24 hrs still in impoting state.

Also there is no entry in tables TRJOB nTRBAT.

Pls tell shall i cancel n start the import again??

Regards,

Sam

Edited by: murali ch on Sep 9, 2009 11:59 AM

Edited by: murali ch on Sep 9, 2009 12:01 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Before going ahead did you check following points.

1.Support pack level of both PRD & QUA system.These both must be equivalent.This means that repository in both the environment should be on same level.

2.While doing client export this will create three request something like KT,KX, KO .Have you followed the sequence of these while importing into QUA.

3.The most important is have you run update staistics before starting client copy.

You can check the logs at OS level in folder /usr/sap/trans/tmp if there is some entries written that means your client copy still running & if there is no entry written in tmp folder from very long time then its suggested to stop transport then run update staistics & then you carry on with client impot.

Hope this will solve your issue.

Thanks..

Mohit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

my feeling is that you have a set a datafile to unlimited autoextend... but you filled a disk or partition. check that OS level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

maybe you need check autoext of your datafiles, and decrease size. I had the same problem in Oracle 10g iwith tablespace PSAPBTABD with autoext. set to 20000, and I solved by this way, change the autoext. of datafile btabd.data36 size to 10000. After this, add another/s datafiles.

Regards