cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value Mapping in PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

Actually, as far as Value Mapping is concerned I am a bit confused .

In my scenerio there is need to update the Old Client System Field Names to the New SAP System Names and is mentioned in the

Value Mapping Sheet.But the names of both the Systems are same.So,what exactly shall I use Value Mapping or Fixed Mapping?

What Exactly is Fixed Mapping used for?Is it applicable to my scenerio?

If Value Mapping is applicable.Please tell me whether I need to create Value Mapping Group?Also,what needs to be mentioned in the Agency,Scema,Value fields if I go for Value Mapping in Message Mapping?Please tell me the steps for the Value Mapping.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swetha,

Find the below article with step wise procedure for value mapping and further steps associated!

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/00ee347e-aabb-2a10-b298-d15a1ebf43c5&override...

Regards,

Jilan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

Value mapping is not for the fields it is for field values, As you mentioned both system fields are same, still we can use the value/fixed mapping.

Actually value mapping and Fixed mappings are almost same, you want to use the same fields (suppode PI input you want output as Process Integration,.....) in more than one scenario then you go for the value mapping.

If the fields comes only one scenario then fixed mapping is enough.

Once you define the value mapping in the ESR then you can use that value mapping in any where (means it is available for all scenarios)

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

See my reply in this thread..

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

Fixed Mapping:

Fixed Value is very useful when you have lots of conditions coming in one source fields during mapping, then to avoid the IfThenElse or UDF and other conditions we will go for Fixed Mapping.

Example: if your source field contains 01 or 02 or 03 or.....12 and you want the result as JAN or FEB or MAR or ......... DEC.

Advantages: Using fixed value table you can see the result immediately in the mapping.

Disadvantages: If you have used the same fixed value mapping at several places in you mapping then in case of any change in fixed values you have to make the changes at several places. So in short fixed value mapping is not good from the maintenance point of view.

Value Mapping:

Value Mapping also works in the same way as fixed mapping, only the thing is you will get the result at run time only. And you have to define the value mapping in Integration Directory. And if you have multiple values then you need to maintain groups.

Advantages: If you have used the same value mapping at several places in you mapping then in case of any changes in values you don't have to make the changes in you mapping, just make the changes in in value mapping in Integration Directory, that's it.

Disadvantages: you can't the see the result immediately in mapping. Results can be seen only at run time.

For more clarifications find the below links will helps you

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/13/ba20dd7beb14438bc7b04b5b6ca300/frameset.htm

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9202d890-0201-0010-1588-adb...

In your case as you mentioned both old & new system values are same, then better you can go for Fixed Mapping.

Hope this will give you a clear picture between Fixed & Value Mappings to you.

Best Regards

Venkata Rao .G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkat,

Try to provide the solution in your own words or provide the source link rather copying & pasting the content from one thread to another..

I hope you understand this..

FYI...

Regards,

Sarvesh