cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when test a Web service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to create a web service for RFC Function module. I ceated the web service, now I want to test this Web service. I have the URL of WSDL file, but when I execute the URL, it doesn't display.

Can you please suggest me what will be the reason for this error?

Thanks

Sanket sethi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We test the Web Service in transaction SOAMANAGER.

Open the Transaction SOAMANAGER

Select the "Business Administration "tab

Choose the "Web Service Administration"

Select "Service" In the dropdown "Search by"

Inthe filed "Search Pattern" enter the name of your webservice and Press Enter

Select your webservice from the table below and Click on the Button "Apply Selection"

A veiw opens up on the bottom of the page displaying the details of the selected web service.

In the "Overview" click on the link: "Open Web Service navigator for selected binding".

A new window open up.

Enter your SAP credentials.

Click on the "Test" at the top of the page.

Click on the link(it is actually your Function module corresponding to the webservice) under the Operations.

Enter the inport parameters for the Web service and click Send.

You will see the result of the Web service call.

Thank,

Taha Ahmed

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please find below the steps to create and test web services.

Please follow up these steps and you would not get any error in testing web services.

Hope this would help you.

1. Go to SICF and activate this webservice: u201C/sap/bc/srt/rfc/sap/QUERY_VIEW_DATAu201D

2. Go to transaction WSCONFIG andenter service destination u201CQUERY_VIEW_DATAu201D and enter variant u201Cquery_view_datau201D and hit

enter. Currently, there are no released services so create a new service.

3. Choose Save to release this web service.

4. Choose ICF Details -> External Aliases

5. Choose u201CNewu201D to create a new external alias.

6. Enter external alias u201C/sap/bw/xml/soap/queryviewu201D and enter description u201CSAP BI Web Service u2013 XML Result Setu201D

7. Specify your security and user ID on the u201CLogon datau201D tab.

8. Specify u201C/sap/bc/srt/rfc/sap/QUERY_VIEW_DATAu201D under the u201CTrg Elementu201D tab.

9. Save your external alias.

10. Go to transaction WSADMIN -> Goto -> Administration Settings. Ensure that the path to your J2EE is specified here and save this.

11. Find your web service and choose the u201CWeb service homepageu201D

12. Login to your ABAP system from the Web Service Navigator

13. Choose Test -> GetQueryViewData to test this service.

14. Enter and Infoprovider and Query and send the request to test this web service. Note: If the query has mandatory variables, those must be passed in the parameter. For the sake of this test, use a query without variables.

15. Ensure the request and response are successful.

16. If you have issues, make sure you activate your Web Service and Interface in SE80.

17. Here is an example of how to pass parameters for filter values using WEB API commands. We are passingtheFILTER_IOBJNM=0D_CHANNEL and FILTER_VALUE=3.

18. Here is an example of how to pass parameters for variable values using WEB API commands. In this case, we are using a selection option variable. We are passing the following parameters:

VAR_NAME_1=DISTGOP

VAR_OPERATOR_1=EQ

VAR_VALUE_LOW_EXT_1=3

VAR_VALUE_HIGH_EXT_1=5