cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EJB mapping to database tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am moving my application from JBoss server to Netweaver server. For this i have to do all the maaping in ejb-jar and ejb-j2ee engine and persistence xml files. I am wondering the way how can i use my existing database tables for mapping to persistence xml.

Every example says i have to create java dictionary project but if i go like this then i have to create hundreds of tables again which are already in my SQL database. Please let me know how i can map my database tables to my application fro deploying to Netweaver server.

Thanks in Advance

Regards,

Chirag

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ekaterinamitova
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag,

Yes, it is possible to use Java Dictionary when you already have created your database tables. This is called backward mapping.

For more information, check out this document:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce711/helpdata/en/44/edbd4aa338108ee10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

Best regards,

Ekaterina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Java Dictionary stores its metainformation in xml - files, it meight be possible to create them on basis of existing tables.

But: Java Dictionary only supports the default "system" - database that is unterneath NWAS.

As i understand your problem, you want to connet to an other (existing) database - so you will have to create the mapping in persistence.xml. I would try to use a xml transformation to create persistence.xml

hope it helps

Johannes