cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differece between EEWB, BDT, VCT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi CRM Gurus,

Could somebody explain me the difference between EEWB (in which Scenarios it is recommended), BDT (in which scenarios) and VCT (in which scenarios). Kindly let me know the different procedures (EEWB/BDT/VCT) to add one field to a SAP standard table (Eg: BUT000).

Thanks in advance.

Ahmed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

You can also combine your methads. We have successfully generated new fields and tables with the EEW. After that you can use the BDT Customizing (TXNs BUS2-BUS7) to arrange your new elements to where you want it.

Regards.

Guido Juilfs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

How to check whether a transaction is BDT enabled ?

What is the Transaction code to access BDT ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can some please tell me which transaction type to use for adding a new tab in SOLAR01 and SOLAR02 transaction using EEWB transaction?

Thanks in advance..

former_member927251
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

You can add a custom tab through EEWB for e.g. you can add a custom tab in the CRMD_ORDER transaction.

IF you want to add some fields in the table BUT000, just go to the tansaction BUPT and you can play around with Business Partner in CRM.

<b>Please reward points if it helps.</b>

Regards,

Amit Mishra

Former Member
0 Kudos

EEWB is used to add custom fields to a custom tab, but not to the standard tabs.

BDT is a tool for maintaining transactions.

we can add new custom fields, hide standard fields, move standard fields from one screen to another, add new menu options, and add custom validations all without modifying the underlying transaction. The pre-requisite is that the transaction is BDT enabled.

VCT is the screen designer where you can change the screen sequence of the transactions.

Thanks

Kamal