cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which connector to use?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I want to write a C# program to access either a BAPI via the BOR or just a regular Remote-Enabled Function Module, which connector should I use?

I am using VS 2008 trying to connect to SAP Netweaver 7.01.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I forgot to mention. I do not want to make a web service call. I want to invoke the BAPI or remote-enable function module via a Remote Functoin Call.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wardell,

Basically you have 2 options, given your constraint to not willing to invoke/expose SAP functionality via SAP webservices [why not might I ask ??]

1) [old-way] Use the SAP .NET Connector / NCo. This operates directly on BAPI level.

A limitation of the NCo is that SAP has only delivered a version that depends on .NET 1.1, and integrates within VS2003. However, there is a by SAP-documented workaround to enable the NCo to also utilize with .NET 2.0 and later runtime context / and within VS2005 and later: [Using SAP Connector for MS .NET (NCO) in Microsoft Visual Studio 2005|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/92333e6b-0b01-0010-9cbf-fecd62d6c895]

But beware, SAP has discontinued the NCo in favor of SAP (enterprise) webservices (see [Future support of NCo|]). Whether the NCo approach is good enough for you depends on the characteristics of your situation.

2) [new-way] Use the Microsoft WCF LOB / BizTalk SAP Adapter. This has conceptual a big resemblance with the NCo approach, but is instead a Microsoft technology. On my blog I have a post on the [successful application of the SAP Adapter|http://williamvanstrien.blogspot.com/2009/08/apply-wcf-biztalk-adapter-pack-to.html]

Best regards, William.

Former Member
0 Kudos

William,

Thanks for the complete and understandable information. Points awarded.

The reason I don't want to expose SAP funcionality in Web Services is that my customers neither have any BAPIs exposed as Web Services nor do they want to go through that exercise of supporting that infrastructure.

Kind Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wardell,

check ERPConnect from Theobald Software, it can help you.

Cheers

Khoder