cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create RFC Destination from SolMan to Satellite Systems through SAProuter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I'm trying to create an RFC destination from our solman 7.0 SP15 to satellite systems using the wizard-based procedure on IMG. Unfortunately, the rfc destination failed to create. I think the problem is the saprouter. How can I create an RFC destination if we use saprouter between solution manager and satellite systems?

Please help me.

Thanks and Regards,

Ronald

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not think any saprouter is required to create RFCs between solman and satellite systems

Are you able to see any error message while configuring RFCs ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our setup is something like this:

Solution Manager is on City A and satellite systems reside on other cities (one on City B and the other on City C). We can access the satellite systems through sap gui with saprouter. We need also to connect this satellite systems on our solman for EWA. We tried to create an RFC destination between solman and satellite system but it failed. I think we need to add the saprouter string on the RFC destination but we don't know what parameter to be change on the RFC destination.

Regards,

Ron

Former Member
0 Kudos

you just need a regular typr 3 (RFC ABAP type) connection from SolMan to your satellite system

Connection string should look like:

/H/IP_OF_ROUTER/S/32xx/H/IP_OF_SATELLITESYSTEM

where 32xx reflects the port of your router

Nesimi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nesimi,

I would like to perform the wizard-based procedure on creating RFCs on the IMG, how can I add this string? do I need to perform the manual creation of the RFCs?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Ronald

Former Member
0 Kudos

you wont be able to include the router string based on the wizard as it will take the direct way to your satellite system

but you can simply create the RFC via the wizard (which I would recommend in any case) as only than the RFC will be recognized correctly by SMSY, and than goto SM59 and re-adjust

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nesimi,

The string you'd given will be added to the Target Host right?

Thanks for the assistance.

Regards,

Ronald

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes

example:

/H/10.1.1.1./S/3299/H/192.66.12.12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nesimi,

I already done your procedure but still failed to connect to the satellite system.

Regards,

Ronald

Former Member
0 Kudos

what do you get when you make a test connection in Sm59?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Below is the detailed error report after I have done the Connection Test on RFC SM_<SID>CLNT<CLIENT#>_TRUSTED

Logon Connection Error

Error Details Error when opening an RFC connection

Error Details ERROR: CPIC program connection ended (read error)

Error Details LOCATION: SAP-Server qnxsolman_A1S_00 on host qnxsolman (wp 0)

Error Details COMPONENT: CPIC

Error Details COUNTER: 38

Error Details MODULE:

Error Details LINE:

Error Details RETURN CODE: 223

Error Details SUBRC: 0

Error Details RELEASE: 700

Error Details TIME: Wed Sep 09 16:36:13 2009

Error Details VERSION:

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you ping the FQDN qnxsolman_A1S_00 and the hostname qnxsolman from OS level?

I would try to use the IP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I can ping the hostname from itself. I can ping also the hostname from other desktop.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ronald,

Ping test should be between the systems SAP servers.

From Solman Server- Ping the satellite system and Vice versa.

Run the trace/Ping to find the packets are transfered properly.

Note:If you want to ping through hostname please make sure that the Host file entries are properly mainatained. First go for a Ping through IP then by hostame pls.

Thanks,

Jagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagan,

I think they will not see each other ( solman and satellite) cause our current setup is the solman belongs to one network and the satellite system belongs to another network. As a VAR, we need to connect our solman to our customer sap system for EWA. The problem is, how can the solman and the satellite system see each other located on different place/city and different network? I can create and connect successfully the RFCs of the solman and the satellite system if they belong to the same network. But how about if the satellite system belongs to the external network?

Thanks,

Ronald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ronald,

It has to be addressed by your network team. Please speak them on the possibilities.For creation of RFCs the servers should know eachother.That's Must!!!

I think, This is related to opening of certain network ports to facilitate the handshake. I'm not a network expert

Thanks,

Jagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagan,

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Ronald

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the answer on SAP Note 555162.

Thanks so much to all of you for your help and assistance.

Cheers!

Ronald

0 Kudos

Hi Ronald,

I have the exact same problem. Can you tell me exactly which part of the note help you?

Kind regards

Patricio