Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade APO 3.1 to SCM 7

marcos_rotter
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Does anyone could share some tips regarding the upgrade of APO 3.1 to SCM 7?

Is there a FAQ with main concerns about the migration such as upgrade BW before APO upgrade or something.

Could someone give me a help about this?

Kind regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcos,

Upgradation process from APO 3.1 to SCM 7 is quiet challenging in terms of new data design.

if you want to use the enhanced functionality of SCM 7 then BI7 or above should be there.

Initial difference will be in rules/transformation which is not available in APO3.1.

If you have process chain then the concept of interrupt has been changed.

If you are using PPMs then PDS is the the new concept in SCM7 comparing it from APO3.1.

The big difference will come in GATP if you have!!!

Planning run time(Specially optimizer) has significantely lower in SCM7 comparing it from APO 3.1.

Live cache needs more memory and fast processor.

So there are lot of differences will exist.

It depends on you and client that how much you want to include the new functionality.

Let me know if you want to know about some specific area.

Regards,

Santosh Kumar Mishra

marcos_rotter
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Santosh,

first of all, thanks for the information, it was those kind of tips that I'm looking for.

Besides, I'd like to have more informaiton about it, if you could.

I have a client that use DP and SNP (Optmizer and Heuristics Deployment for a business and Optimizer deployment for others business), however they have many developments also (huge challenge).

I understand that in the package of APO migracion, its BW structure will be upgraded also however it is very important to have the new version to BW corporate, is that right?

Also Santosh, I've done an upgrade for DP only however I didn't do it for SNP, is that possible to let me know the step to provide the SNP backup such as (backup of planning area, deactivate CIP queue, restore it, activate queues...).

Thanks in advance for your help.

regards.

Marcos.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcos,

As Santosh pointed out, you are going the big jump here!

There is a lot of notes available to help you (do not forget the old version one from 3 to 4, then 4 to 5 ...)

You do not need to use PDS, PPM is still supported but will not be enhanced anymore. Having said that, SAP recommend to go to PDS. If you do, do not neglect this part, which is ofter very demanding (conversion of exit, testing and so on)

Regarding BW, the old BW objects are still working (at least in APO 5.1...). You do not need to change...

Regarding the bespoke, you should be able to get rid of an important part of it. Try as much as possible to revert to standard!

Regarding SNP, no backup cube is needed, except if you have some times series that are maintained manually... Stoping the CIF and backing up the whole life cache are part fo the upgrade guide...

Goood luck

Julien

PS: some notes I found, but there is more!

588986 Demand Planning: Actions after upgrade to SCM Release 4.0

610609 Processes with batches during upgrade to APO 4.0

669496 SCM 4.1 upgrade: Additional authorization checks

684929 Actions in DP after upgrade to Release SCM 4.1

768433 Upgrade SCM 4.0: Macros in DP and SNP

853797 Actions to perform in DP after you upgrade to SCM 5.0

865333 Upgrade SCM 5.0: Upgrade assistant for macro books

865334 Upgrade SCM 5.0: Macros in DP and SNP

932837 /SAPAPO/OM_LC_UPGRADE_50: Problems during upgrade

1007367 Consistency check on DP data before the upgrade

1018506 Prerequisites for the upgrade to SCM 5.1

1041083 Macros: Additional check for the upgrade assistant

1047555 Actions in DP after upgrade to Release SCM 5.1

Also 1150724, 150315...

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

marcos_rotter
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you all for the support.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcos,

Please use the below link to get more information on

upgrade info under "Release & upgrade info" header.

https://websmp201.sap-ag.de/support

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.