Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rsdbajob

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I schedule any job using dba calender the program used is

rsdbajob. For eg DBA:REORGCK_ALL_____@170000/2000 and

DBA:RUNSTAT_TAB_____@230000/2000 both use the same program rsdbajob.

How does the scheduler distinguish amongst the two ?

I thought may be using the variant but it also differs and is not

constant for a job. A new variant is created each time you create a job.i.e when i schedule the same job twice say

DBA:REORGCK_ALL_____@170000/2000 the jobs have different varients in

the form &0000000000023 and &0000000000024.

So my questions are:

1) how does the scheduler distinguish between reorg and runstats job which both run the same program rsdbajob ?

2) what is the use of the variant (&0000000000024) and why is a new one created each time ?

thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

RSDBAJOB checks the connectivity to the database instance using brconnect exe

for details on BRCONNECT

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/ora?rid=/library/uuid/7640c72f-0d01-0010-2787-b39b0ed152d9&overridela...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check this guide and you shall be able to find the difference.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index;jsessionid=(J2EE3417400)ID1939244450DB01459434132608509894End?r...

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you but I think brconnect is specific to only oracle. I dont see the brconnect executable in my kernel directory. I am using db6 (ibm db2 ese v9.1 on aix).

Also the rsdbajob is the program that runs when u schedule any database maintanence job like runstats and reorg. What I wanted to understand was how does the scheduler know what to do as the same program is being executed ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rishi,

I could not find rsdbajob program in that guide or any details about the program. There is just general details about runstats and reorg.

My question is how does the scheduler distinguish between running a reorg versus a runstats when both jobs run the same program ?

Pls let me know.

thank you.

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Probably you will find the answer to your question in table SDBAP.

Go to SE16 and check the table contents. RSDBAJOB pick up entries from this table..

Also check SDBAC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you anandiya.

Table sdbap is empty.

sdbac has entries with the job name and the report. Does the rsdbajob take input from sdbac table then ?

Is there any manual/guide/link to get the details of what the entries in this table mean ?

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Do you have Planned ( Scheduled) job in DB13 Planning Calender?

From SE11 check the field names for SDBAP ( Database Planning Calender table). Short Text "Type of DBA action" is actually defined which DBA job it will do. If you have a periodic job then you can find Period values there. Other values are self-explanatory. I am confident that from SE11 you can make out the meaning of other fields.

Table SDBAC DBA Action Table.. i could not find any field called "Create Time" or Period there. So, I guess DB13 first read from SDBAP table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, it doesn't read from SDBAP

Note 564576 - Resetting the scheduling in transaction DB13

Note 642345 - DB6: Resetting DB13 scheduling

SDBAC

Note 859450 - Maintenance of the DB13-command table SDBAC

Note 918877 - Actions are missing in DB13 after upgrade to Oracle 10g

Note 1082088 - DB6: Errors in DBA Cockpit in Support Package 13

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Anjali.

so are you telling me the input for the rsdbajob program is from sdbac table ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, and other three tables are updated when the jobs are actually scheduled and run

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which 3 tables ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ahh, I just closed all those Notes

those three (starting with SD..) are in those notes

0 Kudos

Hi Anjali,

I am in a scenario where CI & DB are on different servers. Scheduling through DB13 is ending in error SAPXPG.....

Hence I want to schedule it as a background job that will run from the DB server.

Can you pl tell me how to accomplish this ? I tried scheduling prog RSDBAJOB through se36, but returned error as there was no action parameter...

Regards,

Jitendra Mhalgi

Answers (0)