SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial Number Issue in ISU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

when we create material for isu and then use t-code IQ01 to creat serial number then system pick a number range where did it pick from

For ex- in MM01 i have created a material where in plant view i have maintain (Serialization within the stock material number) and when i creat a serial number then system start with numerical number 1 and so on where does it pick the number range

please help me

thanks and regards

Subhasish ghosh

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The default "Numeric" serial number is decided by looking up the table MASE. The system stores the last serial number for the material in this table.

former_member199650
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

When talk about serial no. of any device then we have two things :

External No. range

&

Internal No. range

If internal no. range has been selected for the device serial no. then whenever you create a new device then a new no. will be allocated to that device based on the no. range you have selected for internal no. range.

If you have chosen external no. range then you need to specify the device no.

For no. range please check 'Define Number Ranges for Logical Numbers of Devices' in img activities.

As Hari has described the table MASE shows the Last numerical material serial number assigned to a material.

Thanks and Regards

Edited by: MP Vashishth on Sep 10, 2009 9:59 AM