cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to find the transport request which was released to Quality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Could anyone please let me know, how to find the transport request that was already released from Development to Quality?

there was some change in customization took place. I could find the user (through change log) who made these changes, however I could not find the transport request number he has already released. I did give his user name in SE10 and checked the released checkbox and did click transports to see them, however I found nothing. A message got displayed on the screen: Cross-system information for user xxx. I can't ask the Basis people about it, as its not yet been trasnported to Productive.

Is this the correct way to see the transport request number? Is there any other way to find the number. I can give the tentative dates when the change was released.

This post might already posted before, I did some search, could not find the exact info what I am looking for. Would appreaciate if anyone could give the step by step method to find it.

Thanks in advance.

BR,

Sats.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sats,

Goto T-code SE10. give User ID and execute.

The system will list all teh transport requets moved to quality from developement.

Regards,

Arun.S

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sats,

Go to the Transaction "SE10" and give the user name, see the most probable(by looking at the dates) and in the top menu bar- GOTO- Transport logs. You can see the request which has been transported to Quality. Kindly please let me know If you need any more Information on this.

Regards

Ram Pedarla

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ram,

Do you mean, after entered the user name, Go to - Transport Organizer Tools and then click on Search for objects in Requests/Tasks?? I did this before, however I'm not sure what should I enter in Object Selections (Program, Function Group, Class and so on). If I only enter the dates and left all the above options blank.. system prompts a warning message "Select one or more objects"

If I'm not wrong transport request numbers can also seen in target system, right?

@ Arun,

I did the same way before posting this question. It didn't work.

BR,

Sats.

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sats,

You can indeed see the Request transported in the target system in SE10.In SE10 you will see the Most recent Request on top. If you have any idea when the reques was relase you can select the request and click on goto-transport logs. This way you can find out the request. You can actually branch out the request and the task and couble click on it ,you can see which object/table has been changed.Kindly please let me know If you need any more information on this.

Regards

Ram Pedarla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ram,

let me tell you the the situation in a better way.

When I see se10 with my user id I could see all the transport requests that I have released. However, now when I enter my colleague user id who did these changes (he is on vacation, otherwise I could simply ask him the transport number), nothing is shown on the page. in simple words the page is completely blank. Initially I thought it is because of some authorizations, but I can get the transport request numbers that are released by another user.

the info what I have right now are:

1. I knew the user name who did these chages

2. I knew the date when it was changed.

I just need the Transport Request number I mean which starts with DEVXXXXXXX.

As per your solution --> If you have any idea when the reques was relase you can select the request and click on goto-transport logs. This way you can find out the request. --> I knew the date when it was released, but didnt understand, the bold and underlined sentense in your answer.. select on which request? as I said, the page was blank after I enter his user id and activate it.. May be I did not understnd your solution properly. Could you please simplify it.

Thanks a bunch in advance

Sats.

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sats,

The best way tp search is to use the transaction "SE03" and click on find request/task ,there input the user name of the owner and the system name you can see the request. But If he has made changes in Development, you better search in development.

Regards

Ram Pedarla

Edited by: RamPedarla on Sep 8, 2009 9:29 PM

Former Member

Hi Ram,

I got the email with transport request number from the user who did these changes. Anyways your answer was really helpful. Thanks a bunch for your time & efforts.

BR,

Sats.