cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FCC:Is it possible to skip the empty field values in Target Flat file?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I am working on IDOC to Flat file and wondering how can I eliminate the empty space in the flat file if IDOC doesnt send the values in the fields?

Suppose flat file strcuture is :

Row

-Name

-City

There are some rows where are no age values then I dont have empty space in between the rows:

A|20|Banglore

B| |Mumbai

I want to skip the field if there is no values passed.. is it possible?

Thanks

Rajeev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

It is the default functionality, by default if the source value is not come then automatically you will get the next field value (if delimeter exists then the delemeter comes) like whatever you mentioned

A|20|Banglore

B| |Mumbai

Sathish suggested use MapWithDefault option, that is also good one. you can map that node function to all the fields. double click on that node function and dont give any value even space also then you will get the required output.

Regards

Ramesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can also give a try with below mentioned parameter in your FCC..

>>Age.fieldContentFormatting = trim

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

Yes it is possible with the standard content conversion parameters only. If no age is present then your output will be like you mentioned only. But if you want space if no value is present then in mapping you can use an exists function. So if the source field exists then send the field else you can send spaces if you want. Also instead of this you can use mapwithdefault, so if source field doesnot present it will send the value whatever you have in mapwithdefault.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

If you want to do automatically, You need to develop a javamapping which delete the empty tags.

Regards

Ivan