cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 1256891 - Logging errors in synchronous communication

Former Member
0 Kudos

<pre>we want to implement this note to handle confidential and sensitive data within SAP PI and CRM.

Note 1256891 - Logging errors in synchronous communication

Summary

Symptom

The system processes a synchronous message incorrectly. In the message monitor, the system displays

this error in a log version of the message. In addition, the system also displays the payload. If the payload

data is sensitive, you do not want the system to do this.

Reason and Prerequisites

Currently, you cannot change the configuration to prevent the system from logging synchronous messages

if an error occurs.

Solution

Implement the attached correction instructions or import the relevant Support Package.

Use transaction SM30 to maintain the table SXMSCONFDF.

Add the following entry:

Category: RUNTIME

Parameter: SYNC_ERROR_LOG

Value: FULL

Subparam. Dynamic: No (false)

You can now use the Integration Engine configuration (transaction SXMB_ADM) to maintain the parameter

SYNC_ERROR_LOG:

Description

You can use this parameter to control whether the system records a message if an error occurs in

synchronous communication (Quality of Service BestEffort) and, if so, which parts of the message it records.

Use

The default system response is that the system records the entire message (including the error information)

if an error occurs in synchronous communication. To prevent the system from recording sensitive data,

other settings are provided.

Possible values:

FULL Default: The system records the entire message, including the error information.

NO The system does not record the message if an error occurs.

HEADERS The system removes the payload before recording the message. The system displays only the

header and the manifest in the message monitor.

Header Data

Release Status: Released for Customer

Released on: 16.10.2008 12:33:37

Master Language: German

Priority: Correction with medium priority

Category: Program error

Primary Component: BC-XI-IS-IEN Integration Engine

However we are concerned that this note will delete all the payloads of failed interfaces and not just the

specific ones we wish to hide the data.

has anyone implemented this note and have a work around? or is there another way?

although this is a good addition to PI, i feel in it;s current form, it is restrictive to all or nothing.

it would be good if we could flag certain interfaces to be subject to these changes.... but somehow,

i get the feeling that here is no other option....

Edited by: Barry Neaves on Sep 8, 2009 1:26 PM</pre>

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Sep 8, 2009 9:40 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

where has all my formatting gone?????? 😮

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tweaked the formatting for you, but not the spelling mistakes

There is a limit to the characters in posts currently for some technical reasons. Perhaps if you just reference the note and expect people who give you answers you can work with to have read it... then it will be shorter.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Julius!

all those spelling mistakes are mine! :o]

and next time i will just link to the OSS note... but it was just in case someone did not have access to OSS at the time...

wishful thinking, I know! but thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have logged an OSS note about this!

this Note would be good if you could select which Sync interfaces could use this "remove payload" function.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Barry

Did you receive a solution from SAP regarding this issue ? We are facing the same issue as the one you had mentioned. We would like to block the payload for a specific interface instead of all the sync interfaces.

Thanks in advance,

Thanks

Sridhar