Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes in V_T588M_ESS not reflecting in ESS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

am facing a problem.

Implementing My SAP ERP 2004 ESS BP

First of all, any changes to SSN are not reflecting in R3. Infact when i try to change an existing value it is removing the SSN value altogether. Typical problem.

Second any changes I make table V_T588M_ESS are not reflecting in ESS. I tried to hide the middle name in personal information. Went to table V_T588M_ESS function group EH05. There were no entries. Created entries with standard screen 0200 used the variant P0002. Copied this entry with variable key '10' that is returned by P002. Changed the property of middle name to 'Hidden'. This change is not reflecting in ESS.

Any inputs ar highly appreciated.

regards

Sam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Antonyraja
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Re: Changes in V_T588M_ESS not reflecting in ESS

Posted: Jun 15, 2006 11:32 PM Reply

Hi Sam,

To make myself clear, you are talking about the persanal data application for US which is coming under Personnel Information Workset under Standard ESS role.

This "Persanal Data" application is a webdynpro application. And the table V_T588M_ESS is not having any impact on ERP 2004 webdynpro applications. Usage of this table is only for ITS based application.

And to hide a field from webdynpro Personnel Information ERP 2004 applications, there is no customizing features provided. So you have to do changes in the webdynpro application to achieve this.

For ERP 2005 solution, NW04S provides a feature called "Webdynpro Personalization". Which helps to do modification free screen changes. Please refer tot he following document for more info: <http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/42/ed3ce7f8593eebe10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm>

Hope this answers your query.

If you need more information on this, please let me know.

With smile,

Antony

MarkusKlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Antony,

the webdynpro personalization is a nice feature. But i have problems to get the "customer enhancement fields" working. I have enhanced a data structure of a ESS application, but those new fields arent shown when i click on "Edit Customer Enhancement Fields".

Have u already got it working?

cheers,

Markus

MarkusKlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nice....I just got it working. Now thats a nice feature. All you need is to enhance the UI screen structure, e.g. "HCMT_BSP_PA_DE_R0006" and you get the new field via Web Dynpro Personalization on the screen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

no i did not chnage the code.

i did config changes in the table v_t588m_ess which are not reflecting in ESS.

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let me know how exactly you are doing this? Did you change the code on Web Dynpro side??

Message was edited by: MSS Beginner