cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source code has syntax error in SAP PI7.1 Mapping Test

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

IN SAP P7.1 created simple two data types, message types and Message Mapping with only 2 fields. While testing the mapping in Message Mapping it is giving the error as

Source text of object Message Mapping: MM_Source_to_Target | http://abc.com has syntax errors:

Source code has syntax error:

I am able to activate the Datatypes and Message Types but not able to activate the Messge mapping.

Please if any body faced the same problem please give the solution.

One more thing is I am able to test the Message Mapping available in BASIS 7.1 Software Component objects. It is executing successfully...

but otherthan this SWC it not working success fully.....

Regards

Sridhar Goli

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check this thread:

Response received from SAP for the (similar) above problem is mentioned here.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

We are also facing a similar problem. Can you please find out from your BASIS team and let us know what was the BASIS setting done to get this resolved?

Thank you & Best Regards,

Tanuja Sarraju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you ever resolve this and if so exactly what settings did Basis change? We are experiencing teh exact same issue and are seeing a "out of space' error, The weird thing is we have 2 dev systems and it works fine on one but not the other and the swap spaces are identical as well as the maps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Goli,

I am able to activate the Datatypes and Message Types but not able to activate the Messge mapping.

Since you are unable to activate the MM, I guess there is some problem with your mapping itself.

Could you please share the mapping here so that any one can help you out with that?

Regards,

Neetesh

Edited by: Neetesh Raj on Sep 10, 2009 8:20 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank you for giving your response.

The problem is because of some basic setting needed in BASIS level. This issue was solved by BASIS team.

Now every thing is working correct.

Thanks&Regards

Goli Sridhar

former_member181959
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

currently i am facing the same problem. Could you please share what are the actions did your basis team do to fix it.

Thank in advance.

Best Regards,

Prasad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm with the same problem right now. I tried restarting XI but this did not solve the problem.

Someone can tell me how to solve this?

Thanks.

dmerchan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello, we are facing the same issue, would appreciate if you share the solution in this forum.

Kind Regards

David Merchán

SAP Netweaver / Basis Consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

please check the default trace. It may contain the entry:

Error in compiling : java.io.IOException: Not enough space

If that's the case, maybe there's too little space for the swap file/device.

You should ensure that at least 2X (preferably 3X) of Heap (-Xmx) is configured as real swap

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Gábor Klauzer

dmerchan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

This server have 32 GB of RAM and has 2 system installed, Solution Manager 7.01 and PI 7.11, currently we have configured the swap space to 32 GB, but it seems to be insufficient.

We temporarily stopped Solution Manager to free some memory and tried again the Mapping Test, the issue is resolved.

Thanks for your help Gabor

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Check if you have any UDF which may have syntax error.

THanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Swarup...

I haven't used any UDF in this case. It is simple one to one mapping only.

Still the same problem is coming...

Regards

Sridhar Goli