cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only customer relevent material should be available in sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am creating sales order in va01. There i am entering sold to party number. material has to be entered in the material field.

Here, when i put F4, system shows all the material which is there is database. we can also short list it based on material group, sales area, etc........

My client requirement is only customer related material should be displayed in selection option. I dont want remaining options.

whenever i select the material in sales order or Quotation or Inquiry only customer relevent material should be there.

Thanks in advance,

Babu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For this there is a Standard process know as ITEM PROPOSAL or PRODUCT PROPOSAL

You have to create the ITEM PROPOSAL of document type PV in standard in VA51 with all the material for that customer

Save this document , it will give one product proposal number .

This you have to Assign the in the CUSTOMER MASTER product proposal field and save the document

Now create the sales order with the customer and it will list all the available material in a POP-UP, you can select the material for which you can place sales order.

Hope it will help.

Thanks,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply,

what if he create new material for that customer. Actually my requirement is client will not enter or create any document. When we select material in sales order, std it shows all material right. But here i want only customer specific material should be available in the F4 option.

Regards,

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

For your requirement Item proposal is BEST suited.

Pupoose of ITEM PROSAL is maintaining a list mateial which are procured frequently by the custmer.

So SAP has given as configuration.....

suppose same list has to be applied to most customers created one Proposal and attach to many users in XD02>sales area data>sales.... item proposal field.

whenever you goto sale order, from the menu select PROPOSE ITEMS ans list will be displayed.

select materials from the list and continue....

because going for any enhancement will just increase dependency on ABAP only

regards

SAtya.SCM

****if you go for LISTING it will hint after typing the number but nowhere it will show as a list.before typing material number....

So ITEM PROPOSAL is best suitable for you.

Edited by: satya.scm on Sep 8, 2009 6:46 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the client requires to create new material then you need to add the same in VA52, save the document and create new order in VA01, click on Edit menu - Additional Functions and then select propose items. System will show you list of materials that you added in product proposal. Select the ones that you want.

Hope you get some inputs

regards,

Sagar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use Material Listing VB01.Here you can maintain Customer & Material Specific Combination.

Condition Type for material Listing is A001.

Best Regards,

Ankur