cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS BP source of DC into NWDS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We currently use ESS 600 BP installed on our server and we have customised few DC's through NWDI. We are facing one issue which is not available in ESS 600 version but is available in ESS 603 version. I downloaded the ESS 603 business package as .zip file from SAP service marketplace, I want to know how can I extract this zip and check out source code of a particular DC (e.g. address) thru NWDS?

The downloaded BP of ESS603 zip contains one sc file as DTRESS.sc assume this is the source code package, and rest is all different file formats. I don't want to import this new version into NWDI, is there any other way I can just extract one particular DC's source code and import into NWDS to check out the source code how it's been implemented?

Please advice

Praveen.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

From Netweaver CE7.1 onwards SAP has given provision of creating NWDS project from SCA files.

See the link http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/802dd110-12ba-2b10-e2a4-c0c9cf5b3371&override... for more details.

But in your case, it cannot be done without importing the entire ESS603 sca onto NWDI track, since the ESS sca is package for all DCS. You have to have the full sca. You cannot extract a single DC from it without importing it onto NWDI tracks and then into your NWDS.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Sonali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information. Can you please confirm, when I downloaded the BP we got it as SAPESS05_0-20002355.zip file, should I rename it to SAPESS05_0-20002355.sca and then import into NWDI track?

if I can rename the zip to sca then drop it into CMS inbox folder then create a track then remove above sca files from inbox folder, is that OK?

The reason for removing is at this stage we don't want to leave the new version of components in the CMS/inbox so developers may import incorrect version.

Thanks

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

You can rename the .zip to .sca.

Also after the NWDI related processing is done for this sca, you can surely remove it from CMS inbox, but it would be good that rather than completely deleting it, remove from CMS inbox and place it in some back up folder. This would help if you need it in future for further reference.

Thanks,

Sonali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you. My question is answered.

Praveen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Praveen,

I dont think until you create a track and import SC into that track ,you cannot check out a particular DC and look at the code

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri