Need help in setting up Data carrier

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus

I'm working on DMS for the first time.

I have configured following things:

1. Defined Document types

2. Defined Data carrier type: I have set Define data carrier type "server, front end", Here I have defined "TY" as PC & I have given description tio it & Given path of the server (//IP address/Folder)

3. Using CV01N, I have uploaded the file. Released the document. Checked-In the file.

4. Now I want to access it from other PC, which I'm not able to do it.

Am I missing anything? Please guide me.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I feel you have to either identify the front end computers for TY data carrier or you have to make default entry for it in define front end computers - Define data carrier type "server, front end".

I hope your problem will get solved by this.

Pramod

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Benaka

durgaprasad_sharma2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Amaresh ,

I am using bapi BAPI_DOCUMENT_CREATE2 and i want to mount the File from application server /TMP to DMS .Document number is getting created but file is storing as zero mb in DMS can you help me what config setting need to be maintained in DC20 which can resolve this error. Note (when pasting local path of C drive file is picking properly ). request you to please help.

Regards,

Durga S.

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please refer last post & help me out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amaresh,

1. Path to be maintained---> If you want to have temporary file of your original document then u can maintain the path of the location e.g. C:/document and setting/Temp

2. As maintaiining Data carrier type is cross client activity hence you may not have access to enter the details. Ask your Basis Team to provide you authorization and make the necessary entries.

I hope your problem will get resolved.

Thanks

Yogesh

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Yogesh

I have one more issue. In CV01N, I created a folder using Doc. Type "FOL". When I see it in CV01N, browser, I can see the folder. But Folder icon doesn't appear, instead it'll appear with document icon. How do I set right this one?

Any help/ inputs are appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Please check your settings as per following.

Goto T code> DC20>Define data carrier type "server, front end"---> Then check the setting as per below

Type Description Path Online

PC give descriptio maintain path Tick

Then Select this entry and click on " Define servers and files or folders"--->Then check the setting as per below

Data Carrier Type Description

DEFAULT PC default

Then Select this entry and click on "Identify front computer"--> Then check the setting as per below

Data Carrrier Type Net. address Description

Default PC DEFAULT Default for local PC

I have explained above so that u can co relate your settings with above..

I hope this will help you.

Thanks

Yogesh

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Yogesh

Please clarify the following:

Goto T code> DC20>Define data carrier type "server, front end"---> Then check the setting as per below

Type Description Path Online

PC give descriptio maintain path Tick

In the Path column, what exactly do you enter? What path?

:

:

Then Select this entry and click on "Identify front computer"--> Then check the setting as per below

Data Carrrier Type Net. address Description

Default PC DEFAULT Default for local PC

I cant entere these things manually, it's greyed out & When I click on "Default Entry" button, nothing happens.

Help me

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i think u try with, some other comibinationsinsted od PC, becoz i think in your system lot of front end defaults already exists.

some time those overlaps, if u want create same PC as front end, default, delet all existing defaults from DB, and creat new one.

while identify front end give path, c:\temp

this should work

i think u seems to be configured right.

Benakaraja

??P

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have one more issue. In CV01N, I created a folder using Doc. Type "FOL". When I see it in CV01N, browser, I can see the folder. But Folder icon doesn't appear, instead it'll appear with document icon. How do I set right this one?

Thanks Benakaraja. Please help me with aboove issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

in DMS , u don't have that option to show Folder icon,

this is scope of Edms, ther u could show the folder Icon, as wel as Doc icon.

Note: DMS -DC10 no option is available to set Icon for Doc types.......................

Benakaraja

??P

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As for as I know, we can show Folder icon in DMS too, in CV01N. Once you are in CV01N, click on "Select document vai". There you have the option of browser. What could be done to display the Folder icon here?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

MAKAL,

U know, some functionalities, is only for EDMS,

we con't Display some functionaliteswhich are relevent to EDMS, in SAP DMS.

what u talking is same screen as CV01n, nothing else.

one more thing i would sugest u, check Flag CM relevence in DC10, and try, may work

Benakaraja

??P