cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Hiccups" when printing from VF04

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have created a batch job based on VF04 (program SDBILLDL) which prints a range of SD invoices every night.

Now and then, the printed invoice turns out to be more or less incomplete, meaning that only parts of the invoice has been printed (e.g. only the logo, some header information, and the footer). When we re-print the invoice manually using VF03, the printed invoice is correct and complete.

Does anyone know what causes this...?

All helpful answers will be rewarded.

Regards,

Mari V.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not know the cause. I can take some guesses.

There may not be enough memory in the printer to hold the images and text being sent.

There may be logic in the SAPscript or SmartForms that checks page numbers and it is not coded correctly.

The PAGE definitions are not defined correctly in the SAPscript or SmartForms as far as incrementing and restarting for each new invoice.

Some suggestions...

Find an invoice that did not print correctly. Examine the spool in transaction SP01 (or from the batch job in SM37). If the invoice is also incomplete in the spool, it is likely a coding problem (SAPscript, SmartForms, or ABAP). You can probably re-create the problem by printing a smaller batch that includes an invoice before and after the failed printout (ie, if invoice 100 failed, print invoices 99 through 101 in batch).

If it looks okay in the spool, it may be a printer memory problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your suggestions, I will have a look!

Regards,

Mari V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

By VF03 u can print a single invoice only, so try to check what's happens if severl bills are printed: perhaps some variables are not correclty cleared for the next document.

Max