cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to define filters in cn41 and other reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I wish to define filters in cn41 (or other reports). The standard filter allows to give specific values in the fields. Can any body help me to define filters for e.g for finding out critical activities the required filter is Earliest start date= Earliest finish date.

Thanks

Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ritesh

Awarded the points.

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Still looking for clue on this.

martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Log on to CN41 and provide project in the selection field, once you get the output press F5 ( field selection). Select field "Free float" in the output.

Set a filter (ctlr+ shift+F4) on the free float ( and provide float not equal to zero).

Voila , you should have the critical path in the output.

Let us know

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Srikrishna

Thanks for the reply. I found the critical checkbox in delay tab of exceptions but where to 'select the difference between early/latest start and eary/latest finish as ZERO (Floats).'

Thanks

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please follow the method below:

Select the DB profile, and run CN41 report.

In the detail screen, set exceptions with "critical activity" iindicator flagged in "delay tab" and select the difference between early/latest start and eary/latest finish as ZERO (Floats).

Save the selection version.

This should help analyze all critical activities in a project.

Others can suggest a better report if any?

Regards

Srikrishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

maybe you could use substition,

if earliest start = earliest finish; "crtical"

then filter "crtical" in reports..

havent done this in actual but im just considering possiblity,,

or you in CN41 you can click on Earliest Start Column then go to Edit > Comparisons > Several Fields then check on Earliest Finish... then filter if the difference is 0..

regards