Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date format in data exported to XL is wrong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have SAP Netweaver VC 7.0 EHP1 .

I have created a VC model in which some data is retreived in a table and the data is then Exported to XL.

In the table I have Date columns.

In the VC table I have changed the date format to custom using the formula -- "DSTR(@LATEST_FINISH, "DD.MM.YYYY")"

to show the date in format dd.mm.yyyy

This is working fine in the VC application.

However when I export the data of the table to XL using the Export to XL feature the date column in the table exported in XL has the format of time stamp like Fri Oct 31 00:00:00 GMT+0100 2008.

This is wrong date format as we expect the format in dd.mm.yyyy as we have defined in the VC model.

Please help to identify what can be the reason for this and how this can be resolved.

Regards

Sundeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, we recently instal the EHP SP4 fot NW 7.0 EP-VC

When we used the standard functionality to Export element (table) to Excel, we had a few problems, one of them is the same as yours.

The solution we found was the replacement of the data-type of the table column /Field to "text" (string) instead of "date", then the date format appear correctly yyy.mm.dd in the excel-exported file.

Also we have other problems with the Export data to excel function without solution jet:

- The accent and other symbols like "u20AC" are not recognized, instead of them they are re place with other symbols.

- The title of the table/element or window are not recognized instead of it appear [untitled].

If someone can help us, it will be great.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Erika