cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Import complete project - role problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got a complete project (*.zip file) from a 12.1.2.71 MII instance. When I try to import it into our 12.0.6 Build(12) MII system, I get the error message "Unable to import file <file.zip>,<user> is not assigned to a role that can perform this action." BTW, <user> has all possible roles: XMII Users XMII Developers, XMII Administrators.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

12.0 project FORWARD to 12.1 system - YES

12.1 project BACKWARDS to 12.0 system - NO

You cannot backport the project archive like that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Jeremy, recently I succeeded in importing the project (~25 queries and transactions). The problem was the naming of the roles associated to the importing user. The roles of the exporting user are contained in each file of the project and the importing user must have exactly the same roles. If not, import fails. What I did, was: unzip the export file, change the name of the roles to the name of the role of my importuser in each file, rezip the file and import it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can export the roles in XML file and manually add those roles in the newer version of xmii system

You can add roles into the system through "SAP MII Security Menu".

Login into sap xmii server. Goto Start->Programs->SAP xMII->SAP xMII Security Menu

Under "User Management" you can able to add roles and it's corresponding role atrributes.

Thanks

S.Rajesh

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have only succeeded in getting the particular objects imported and there is no support for this when you encounter problems. With all of the changes in version 12.1 concerning applets and especially with BLS, there are no conversions or adjustments made for the files you've managed to import into an older version. The name changes for the user Role security is only the first obstacle.

When you export a 12.0 project and import it (or files) into version 12.1 it does an inline migration of the content to account for the necessary functional changes in the content objects.