cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Costs on Accounting Tab in Company Code (object / Project) curerncy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Forum Experts,

We have this major issue whereas teh costs on the Accounting Tab are shown in Controlling Area Currency.

It seems this is the standard cProjects behaviour.

What changes / enhancement do we have to implement to ensure that the costs are shown in company Code Currency.

For example: Controlling Area Currency is USD.

There is a branch of teh company operating in Gemany - it has its own company Code. So they create projects in Germany and would expect to plan and see teh costs in cProjects in Euros instead of USD's.

How can we solev this problem. It is quite amjor and most probably the foreign comapies will not use the system as it amkes no sense to them to plan / see costs in another cuurency than their own...

Thank you,

LT

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi LT,

the Cost revenue rate(CRR) can be defined in EUROs and the costing will take place in USD.

As standard, the CRR will be converted to Controlling area currency by rate maintained in FI

T Code: OB08 

The Manual planning however is possible in SAP PS in any Currency

Niranjan

Let me know if it helps!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niranjan,

Thank you for your answer. I was already aware of that.

If I refer to your reply 'As standard, the CRR will be converted to Controlling area currency by rate maintained in FI T Code: OB08

' - my question was - How can I enhance this bit of teh standard to display costs in Object Area currency in cProjects?

Thank you,

LT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi LT,

The costing in cProjects is always carried out in Controlling Area currency.

Make modifications in the following Class to display the costing in cProjects in Company Code Currency :

1) Class: CL_GUI_EASY_COST_PLANNING

Method: CONSTRUCTOR

Here set Object currency "1" as Default .

2) Class CL_R3_OLR3_INTERNAL_ORDER

Method GET_REPORTING_DATA

Regards

Sejo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sejo,

Thank you very much. YOur answer is very helpful. Can you pelase let me know if it works for projects / WBS-es? The second class I see refers to Internal Orders.

Thank you,

LT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi LT,

In case you are using WBS elements as account assigned objects, amend the following :

Class CL_R3_OLR3_WBSELEMENT

Method GET_REPORTING_DATA

Regards

Sejo

Points appreciated if the info is found to be useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Sejo.

Will give it a try and let you know.

Thank you very much.

LT