cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget exceed at WBS when Fund management is activated

pradeep_mahamuni
Contributor
0 Kudos

In this scenerio PS budget management is in use long back for WBS budget check.

Now FI team activated fund management for OPEX part and place DUMMY commitment item for WBS (for transaction other than 30).

Now in this case for service order which alredy created almost year back and almost all service entries are happened.

now user is trying to close this service order by changeing service quantity in PO equal to actual service.

i.e in PO 600005964 for Service 8000125 PO qty is 100 and actual service entry happened is 95. now user is changeing the qty in po from 100 to 95 to clost the PO.

while doing this system is giving budget exceed error for a/c assigned WBS.

When WBS was having extra budget other than commitment user had done some changes and that time system created exta a/c assignment in that PO as DUMMY in table extra ESKL DUMMY commitment item is created for this PO

For trial and error we temporary deactivated Fund management and tried to change the qty this PO at this time system is not giveing any error message and i can change the PO qty from 100 to 95 w/o any error.

Can anyone plese tell me how to tackle this issue because fund management is required for OPEX part and we cant deactivate it. by keeping fund management activated how resolve this issue for WBS.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not sure which release you are working on.

But please check the note 371069..

Hope it helps...

Thanks!!!

pradeep_mahamuni
Contributor
0 Kudos

We are working on ECC 6.0 and note 371069 is relevant up to release 4.7.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i think this error is coming because of Fund management.

When ever any actual posting happens, if the availability control is activated in Fund management and Budget profile in project,

Then system will check available budget at both the place.

For you scenario:

soln-1 deactivate the availability control in Fund management

soln-2 assign fund center with wbs element and supplement budget = actual cost of 95 qty in FM.

ashis

pradeep_mahamuni
Contributor
0 Kudos

case 1 : We cant Deactivate the availability control in fund management as this is used for cost centers.

case 2 : Alredy in PS budget management against WBS budget is eneterd then again to put budget in fund center is dificult.

regards,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check in Budget Tolerance if you have maintained any other Availability Control Activity Group other than "++". Because this additional Tolerance control will superceed the control set with ++.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Babu