Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update was terminated error - Posting goods issue error

former_member289871
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have an error while posting good issue. I have created a material delivery document. When i go into that and post good issue and go back into VL02N transaction to check the status of "GM" it still shows me not processed and gives me an error.

"Update was terminated by author (user-name)"

I had a look at some of the blogs where some of them were facing the same error but could not figure out what the problem was?

Also i had a look in SPRO transaction to check the Delivery document No ranges whether they interfere with each other because i read it from SDN that this error may be because of the document no range problem.

I also went into ST22 transaction and saw the dump description and saw the error was due to "MB_POST_DOCUMENT" function module. I went into that function module and figured out, it was an error in one of the ABAP statement:

"Insert MKPF from ZMKPF"

If anyone can please help me with this error, i would really appreciate it.

Thanks and Regards,

Mayuresh Ayachit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member289871
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks all the guys for helping me with solving this issue. I really appreciate the quick response you guys gave me.Also i would like to thanks Arun for sharing your experience. I really appreciate it.

Thanks & Regards,

Mayuresh Ayachit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mayuresh,

Even i used to get a similar kind of error while creating a delivery document using t-code VL01N. The error was

"Express Document " Update was terminated" received from author "user name"."

Scenario : whenever a delivery was created i used to get the message Delivery documnet 'XXXXXXXXXX' created. But i was unable to view/display the Delivery documnet for 4-5 min. after 4-5 min i used to get the above error and the delivery documnet was not getting svaed.

Action : When the error was displayed i clicked on choose button. the problem was related to assigning my user profile to an output device. Once the output device (printer) was assigned by the Basis team the system works fine.

This was because as soon as a delivery was created the it was sent to the printer spool by the program since the device was not assigned the whole process used to get cancelled.

I think this might be the issue in your case.

Regards,

Arun.S

former_member289871
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

This might be the case but still i am not sure. Thanks for sharing your issue with me but really this is strange because sometimes you really can't figure out what is causing such type of problems.

Thanks and Regards,

Mayuresh Ayachit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mayuresh,

This message usually comes when system is unable to take load and it doesn't update the tables also. Error is coming because server is unable to allocate resources to this program.

Ur basis consultant and DBA can help u out.

Thanks,

Swamy H P

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are using a command with problems in a userexit or BADI for goods movements (surely when you run the 601 mov)

Check these notes:

Note 92550 - Stock inconsistency due to customer enhancement (exit, BAdI)

Note 1284654 - Caution with implementations of the BAdI: MB_DOCUMENT_BADI

SAP Note 415716 - User exits in delivery processing

and related notes

I hope this helps you

Regards,

Eduardo

former_member289871
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have gone through the SAP Notes but i could understand the solution of this error. Do you have any specific solution to this error.

Thanks & Regards,

Mayuresh Ayachit.

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think that you are using a userexit/BADI in good movements trying to do an entry in a z-table. My suggestion is that you must be so careful with these enhancements and BADIs, avoiding the use of SUBMITS or functions modules that use SUBMIT. As Swamy suggests, ask for an ABAPer if you don't know ABAP.

Regards,

Eduardo

Edited by: Eduardo Hinojosa on Sep 8, 2009 11:45 AM

former_member289871
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you see the ABAP Dump Error , it says the main cause of the error is "SAPSQL_ARRAY_INSERT_DUPREC" and is due to function module "MB_POST_DOCUMENT". The ABAP Statement "Insert MKPF from ZMKPF" is inside the function module. I know ABAP but what can we do of this error. Isn't this function module a standard function module of SAP. May be there is some issue with configuration part?? What do you think?

Thanks and Regards,

Mayuresh Ayachit

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the definition of table ZMKPF, perhaps you are inserting a record with the same key fields. I suggest that debug it.

Regards,

Eduardo

former_member289871
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually it is defined ZMKPF type MKPF. I went into MKPF table. I will put a breakpoint on the Insert statement and will debug once. Once finished will let you know. Thanks for your immediate response. I will be in touch with this issue with you.

Thanks & Regards,

Mayuresh Ayachit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you are getting the error SAPSQL_ARRAY_INSERT_DUPREC because you are trying to enter a duplicate record into the table MKPF. I believe they are trying insert a duplicate record with the same MAterial document number and year combination that's the reason you are getting that error and it is throwing you to shortdump.

ZMKPF is a custom definition, check why such kind of statement has to be used in your system.

Thanks,

Mahesh.

former_member289871
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh Babu,

How can i check whether duplicate record exists for the same material document number and year. I tried checking in MKPF table whether the same material document number exists in different years but was not there. Can you please tell me how to go about it.

Thanks and Regards,

Mayuresh Ayachit.

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The duplicate are in your key fields (the fields that you are define as key in ZMKPF). If you are inserting fields from MSEG into ZMKPF, surely the second record is the origin of the dump. Before insert do a select on ZMKPF where key_fields = key_field of MKPF, if sy-subrc = 0 avoid do the insert.

Regards,

Eduardo

former_member289871
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As i said i was debugging the transaction VL02n by putting /h on the command screen and then i clicked on "Post goods issue" button and i debugged the entire SAP standard code. When i came out of the debugging, it saved my Delivery Doc Number and when i went inside and check the status of GM (Goods Movement), i can see now the status as "C (Completely processed)" and now it doesn't give me that error.

I dont know why but i think when i debugged it did not go through that lines of code that generated the dump but and did not gave me that error.

What do you think guys. Your opinion is of most importance.

Thanks & Regards,

Mayuresh Ayachit